Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:25 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 My experiences shopping at LGS in King County. 

I do buy online but also like to shop local as well. These are just a few thoughts on some shops.

West Coast Armory - Staff is great. Pricing is ok, better then most in the Bellevue area. Gun smithing is excellent. The shop is a bit hidden but not too way out there. You can easily miss the turn driving there.

Wades - Way over priced guns but probably the largest selection of guns, accessories, holsters and ammo Ive seen in the county. They also let me try on a holster to test it out. Gun smithing services are way imbalanced for their price/quality, not worth it. I felt like the work done was more just watched youtube so now an expert then professional.

Federal Way Discount Guns - Knowledgeable staff, some of the better prices in the county Ive seen. When it gets busy they go to a number system which I like because it can get hectic when it's busy. Large selection of handguns and long guns. The accessories area is often a mess.

Pinto's Gun Shop - Super nice group of people, the lady and 2 guys behind the counter. Great place for transfers. Finding parking sucks.

Lynnwood Gun - Nothing great nothing back just ok. Kind of unremarkable. Mainly handguns, small selection of rifles. There is an older guy that works there, really nice that I recognize use to manage another place.

Champion Arms - More range then store. As for the store they just accessories.

Rainer Arms - Seemed more like just a place to pick up orders and do transfers. They have a limited selection on the floor/display of guns and accessories. Kept telling me to look online at their inventory and place an order there. Apparently everything is in back and just have a small amount of stuff for display.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You missed Bens, Rehv, and Pantel. Three of the best around.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Never been. Is Lynnwood guns in KC ?

Fall City Firearms is a small fun shop.
But the transfer pricing policy sucks goat nuts. And the owner is a complete ass about it.

2nd Amendment Industries in Bellevue is tiny and great.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
Pinto's Gun Shop - Great place for transfers.

Are you sure you're talking about Pinto's?????????? icon_eek

Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:15 am

Pablo wrote:
Never been. Is Lynnwood guns in KC ?

Fall City Firearms is a small fun shop.
But the transfer pricing policy sucks goat nuts. And the owner is a complete ass about it.

2nd Amendment Industries in Bellevue is tiny and great.

Ha, good catch its just outside it. I wanna say Lynnwood Gun is about 3 miles from the King line. But yeah its technically Snohomish County.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:24 am

AR15L wrote:
Quote:

Did something change with them recently or you just had a bad experience. Ive transferred about 5 guns through them with consistency in service so Id like to think thats a solid base to go off.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

USAF17 wrote:
AR15L wrote:
Quote:

Did something change with them recently or you just had a bad experience. Ive transferred about 5 guns through them with consistency in service so Id like to think thats a solid base to go off.

Have they changed their "private transfers must be done over two days" policy? If not, no thanks.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:41 am

L_O_G wrote:
USAF17 wrote:
AR15L wrote:
Quote:

Have they changed their "private transfers must be done over two days" policy? If not, no thanks.

Ive done 1 private party transfer a few years ago with them and 4 incoming from other out of state shops. I don't recall ever being told that policy so it's news to me. There are plenty of places to do transfers. I just stated my experience with them. But then again Im sure others have had positive and negative experiences with other shops on my list.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:24 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

L_O_G wrote:
You missed Bens, Rehv, and Pantel. Three of the best around.

My personal favorites as well! :thumbsup2:

Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

USAF17 wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
USAF17 wrote:
AR15L wrote:
Quote:

Ive done 1 private party transfer a few years ago with them and 4 incoming from other out of state shops. I don't recall ever being told that policy so it's news to me. There are plenty of places to do transfers. I just stated my experience with them. But then again Im sure others have had positive and negative experiences with other shops on my list.

My one and only transfer with them was a shit show. I was buying a pistol, and was required to show up the day after the seller dropped it off. So then the seller had to come back down to collect the cash the following day.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DJ's up in Bothell should be on the list too.

Technically, Tuttle's in Enumclaw is in King County. If you like older guns, there isn't a better shop in WA.

Along with Pinto's, these are the used gun shops I frequent when I'm on the other side of the hills. New guns, Federal Way Discount is tough to beat. I used to do all my transfers through Brad's Guns...but he's in Pierce Co.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OP makes a pretty good write up and in general matches my experiences.

I do have to put in a plus one for Rehv Arms. Jordy and the gang are first rate with knowledge, smithing, and prices are good.

Same at Pantel's.

Totally agree that Wade's SUCKS. Arrogant, super expensive, and crappy gunsmithing. If there is a way to screw you, they will.

Can't beat the variety of usedguns at DJ's in Bothell.

Diane has done a great job taking over her dad's place at Pinto's. I literrally remember when she was a toddler in her dad's old shop(s). Never done transfers there myself. Probably stop by about twice a month just to see what's up and BS.

While not a LGS, and in Pierce County, whenever I consider a new gun purchase, I always like to see if Dana at Black Hammer Arms can get it. Guaranteed he will treat you right.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo mentioned 2A Industries in Bellevue. They have limited inventory on hand and strange hours/location, but their prices are fair and they are friendly & helpful. Transfers are reasonable, too.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
Pablo mentioned 2A Industries in Bellevue. They have limited inventory on hand and strange hours/location, but their prices are fair and they are friendly & helpful. Transfers are reasonable, too.

Interestingly I met multiple yous guys waiting behind that goofy building near those apartments. Weird ass but it works well.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:

Interestingly I met multiple yous guys waiting behind that goofy building near those apartments. Weird ass but it works well.

I thought that's where you went to find a "date". :wink05:

Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next