Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 PTR 9CT Review 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Iv'e been wanting to get into the MP5 platform for quite a while but the cost has always kept me moving in other directions. Recently I decided it was time to pull the trigger and just do it. While looking into clones I went onto Atlantic Firearms and started comparing different models, companies and prices. PTR stood out because of price at first so I took the time to research the company and see exactly what they are all about. PTR makes the entire weapon in house from the ground up right here in the USA. They don't outsource parts through other companies of questionable quality, they manufacture it all and keep strict quality control standards. So that was that, my mind was made up.

The PTR 9CT is an amazing value. It comes in an incredible hard case with two mags, sight adjustment tool and sling. Currently Atlantic has a bundle deal with the pistol stabilizing brace included with the pistol. I don't want to get too far off track but Atlantic Firearms customer service was incredible and they had the PTR delivered to my local FFL 3 days after my payment cleared.

The general fit and finish of the PTR is right up there with a true HK at a fraction of the price and the welds are second to none. Who ever is doing the welding on these guns obviously takes great care in what they do. Today we took the 9CT up to the pit and threw 400 rounds of cheap 115 grain downrange. 115 is a bit underpowered for the break in period and caused a few issues with ejection. When I loaded up the critical defense ammo I usually keep in my daily cary pistol I didn't have a single issue. I genuinely don't have anything negative to say about the pistol or the interaction with Atlantic.

Ive attached a video of my Youtube review for you guys to take a look at. If you are on the fence about a roller lock because of the cost or availability head over to Atlantic Firearms and put the PTR 9CT in your cart, you seriously will not be disappointed.

Sat May 19, 2018 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice video, Mike, and nice pistol! I remember checking those out at SHOT Show.

I agree, I'm not sure why they would bother to make a non-threaded model. Maybe the threading makes it an "assault weapon" in some states, or some such bullshit? Who knows.

Thanks for sharing.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat May 19, 2018 7:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Everyone seems to be obsessed with the Zenith. I respect the build quality but at this stage I don't think the price is worth it. The PTR runs smooth as butter and is built in America from the ground up....its got my vote as the best available option for sure. Cant wait till they produce a K model so I can pick one of those up

Sat May 19, 2018 8:17 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original HK's are tri lug no threads. if you want the original feel

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Sun May 20, 2018 6:32 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

That girl is just screaming to be suppressed!

Sun May 20, 2018 7:20 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Damn it I have to wait until tomorrow to pick mine up

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Sun May 20, 2018 7:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
That girl is just screaming to be suppressed!

That’s next on the list. I figure I’ll file a form 1 in the next couple months and once it comes back I’ll construct a can for it. The only thing is everywhere I shoot there’s always a ton of other people shooting so I’d still have to wear ear protection

Sun May 20, 2018 8:17 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]