Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Brad's Guns or Anacortes Gun Shop? 

Looking to buy pistol. Is anyone familiar with Anacortes Gun Shop? They seem to have good pricing, but not familiar with store. Any one ever use? Also, what are some of the things to watch out for when buying used guns? For those that have used either Brad's or Anacortes Gun Shop have you had a good experience or any issues? Thanks.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BRADS

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can't comment on Anacortes, but Brad's is a winning choice every time. His prices are great and he's super friendly. Don't hesitate to shop there.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If he's still in business Nitro guns may be worth a look up in Lynnwood area. I found some great deals with him, but Brad was closer and Brad got close enough it wasn't worth the drive.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hmmm. Herb the owner of Anacortes Gun shop is an Asshole hands down. Has treated me, and others I have been there with like shit, even with cash in hand. My buddy is a tattooed cholo looking Mexican dude but he is an outstanding citizen and loves guns as much as the next dude. He Is into those fancy over priced 1911s and we went to buy one there and he treated my friend like he couldn’t, shouldn’t even own one. He pulled at the cash he instantly started treating him better but my boy said your loss, we walked out.

NEXT is the day after the whole Las Vegas thing. I plan on buying a can and he is sadly one of only dealers around and is across the street from where I work so I stop by. Anyhow we get to talking about bumpstocks, echo triggers, and the likes. He tells me No Civilians needs own something like that, and directs his employees to take it off their website. I ask him what civilian would need with all those SBRs on the wall and what is the difference between the two? He gets mad says it his shop and he will sell what he wants. I agree and walk on out again reminded why I don’t shop there.

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:31 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Brad's a great dude and his shop will always take good care of you. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy through him.

FWIW, I also love Rehv Arms in Covington and Pantel Tactical in Renton. But you didn't ask about them.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brad is tremendous. He may not have what you're looking for in stock, but he can usually get it quite quickly from a distributor. As much as possible I use him for all firearm purchases and transfers.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brad's is great. He's a very cool guy

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I cant speak for either. These two shops seem fairly far apart geographically.

Since you didn't ask :thumbsup2: I will offer anyways:

The one interaction I have had so far with Skagit Arms was positive, I called and explained what I wanted and that I wouldn't be able to come in for about 2 weeks and they still were very helpful and willing....they ordered in an Inland M37 for me with nothing but my phone request and my phone number. When I got back home I went down to the shop and the transaction was smooth and the staff displayed good customer service.

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brads. He is a first class guy. Anything you want, he can get.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brads, definitely

Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

wilmermj wrote:
Hmmm. Herb the owner of Anacortes Gun shop is an Asshole hands down. Has treated me, and others I have been there with like shit, even with cash in hand. My buddy is a tattooed cholo looking Mexican dude but he is an outstanding citizen and loves guns as much as the next dude. He Is into those fancy over priced 1911s and we went to buy one there and he treated my friend like he couldn’t, shouldn’t even own one. He pulled at the cash he instantly started treating him better but my boy said your loss, we walked out.

NEXT is the day after the whole Las Vegas thing. I plan on buying a can and he is sadly one of only dealers around and is across the street from where I work so I stop by. Anyhow we get to talking about bumpstocks, echo triggers, and the likes. He tells me No Civilians needs own something like that, and directs his employees to take it off their website. I ask him what civilian would need with all those SBRs on the wall and what is the difference between the two? He gets mad says it his shop and he will sell what he wants. I agree and walk on out again reminded why I don’t shop there.

Wilmermj ain`t lieing I have been in there twice once to look around and once with a friend who wanted to buy an AR and both times the guy was an asshole. Never step foot in that place again.

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You didn't ask for local advice, but since your profile says you're in Woodinville, have you gone up the road to DJ's in Bothell? I've never had a bad experience there, and the amount of stuff they have on hand is impressive. Bruce (the guy in the wheelchair) is great to shoot the breeze with, and his wife (who's name I'm drawing a blank on) is very pleasant to deal with. His brother David can go either way, but I always made sure to go when I knew Bruce was going to be there.

I would avoid AMS in Woodinville, they have high prices on everything, the smith is nice enough, but you usually don't deal with him, you deal with his wife, who can be pleasant when she wants to be, but you're going to pay 1/3 more for anything there than you would in other places. On the plus side, they have two very nice golden labs that hang out at the store who are always ready for a petting.

Doug's Boats can have decent prices on ammunition, and the guys there are generally good to talk to. There used to be a keyboard commando behind the gun counter, but I think he's gone. I haven't been there for several years, but when I worked in W-Ville, I'd stop by pretty regularly at lunch (same with DJ's).

Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:46 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

wilmermj wrote:

Black Hammer Arms specializes in custom 1911s and welcomes tattooed Mexicans that look like cholos and even has a Spanish speaking translator available by appointment with no additional charges. #shamelessplug

For everything else, there’s Brad’s.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:55 am
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

dreadi wrote:
Black Hammer Arms specializes in custom 1911s and welcomes tattooed Mexicans that look like cholos and even has a Spanish speaking translator available by appointment with no additional charges. #shamelessplug

Is that your neighbor?

Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next