Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:32 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Taurus 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know some of you guys talk a lot of shit about Taurus, but my dealings with them have been outstanding.
24/7 stove piped: Sent fedex label, and gun returned in 7 days.
24/7 "recalled": Sent me a brand new Gen 2 gun.
I just bought a used Circuit Judge that was missing a choke, and wrench. I called, and placed an order for those two items for $27. Haven't received anything after a while, so I called them this morning, the backordered items finally came in. For the inconvenience they are being sent FREE.

A company that takes care of their customers like Taurus has is gold.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's a lot of customer interactions for one brand! Probably why Taurus gets pooped in a lot...

I have a bunch of firearms from different brands and have only had to contact Ruger once about a chipped forcing cone.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I see alot of Taurus hate but the the one and only revolver I had by them was great. A 606 stainless ported....2" barrel I think. I regret trading it. Not as nice as my Rugers os Smith's but for the price no shit. I would own a Taurus revolver again. No experience with their autos though.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:34 am

I not a fan of Taurus don’t think they make good firearms. Can’t speak of their customer service. But I did see an article that indicated some big changes with their engineering department.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I cannot recommend Taurus any more. Too much risk, too much headache. The company has gone to **** IMO.

The OP has had 3 returns/interactions. I wonder what % that is of his Taurus guns?

By way of comparison, I own more Glocks than anything. They also get shot more than others. And carried. And dry fired/toyed with. Not once have I had a return or had to contact Glock. Not. Once.

Sure, sometimes you have issues. I've had overall positive experiences with other companies I've had to return/recall/fix. MSAR, CZ, Ruger, Ketlec, and FN. One gun from each brand, and the company made it right.

With Taurus, I own several, and have had several serious issues. And none have been resolved to my satisfaction - not even close.

I was the early adopter of the PT140. Garbage. Returned, and "fixed," and still garbage. Unreliable.
PT24/7 - good gun, but under recall. Lost 1/2 value
PT145 - good reliable gun, but under recall, lost value.

Recalls happen. The problem is the way the company handled it. The problem is that Taurus screwed over customers on the recall.

And I've learned they are no longer warrantying anything 5 years after they discontinue it. Unsure if that's true, but that's a REAL problem and also seems to explain why they drop product lines without warning.

And now, no longer lifetime warranties, but now only 1 year warranties.

No more Taurus for me...
* Big recall, and handled poorly
* Terrible customer service, and all 3 of my issues were poorly resolved.
* Dropping lines, dropping warranties

Why would you even gamble with one today?

Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:46 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I've owned 4 Taurus pistols. They were all garbage. Either they had problems with function or broke during normal (light) range use. All of them. ALL OF THEM. I'll never buy another Taurus.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Are we still beating this poor dead Horse???

I would love to say that Taurus is a Love/Hate relationship but it is not. Taurus has made a name for itself on copying other popular firearms and backed them up with a Lifetime Warranty, the only downside with that is some of the guns they were cloning also offered a LW so IMHO they screwed themselves over.

Just like Fat Panda above me in his post, I too have had a few Taurus’s that were doomed to fail and they did...Horribly.

In fact I have a Taurus snubby in .357 that is so jacked up that the only thing I can do with it is use it as a wall hanger or Hood ornament for a Rat Rod.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]