Switch to full style
Shops, Gear, Ranges.. Let others know how your experience was.
Post a reply

S&W Customer Service

Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:10 pm

Poking around on S&W's website, I got a little frustrated and before I could find replacement grips for my 340PD I sent a note off to customer service asking if they could tell me if they offered the grips, what was the part number and cost, or if they could suggest a method of repair for the grips that I have which are separating.

I received a lovely note this afternoon stating that they had received my message and would be sending, free of charge, a new (set of) rubber grip(s)!

:bow:

WOW! Will keep you posted on how this develops.

Re: S&W Customer Service

Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:23 pm

Ugh! Good luck with S&W service.

I bought a Walther red dot scope as a last minute purchase at Midway.
Never fired it, and the brightness knob was almost falling off.
Was referred to S&W warranty service.
Backordered for a few months. OK
They eventually sent me a huge proprietary Chinese bipod that fit something else.....
Then argued with me saying the scope had been delivered according to the paperwork.
I asked them if they had actually sent me a scope, why did the box weigh 7 pounds?

I returned it and they sent me another scope, the wrong one, looked like a Tasco 4X20 that came with a Wal Mart .22
Returned that, and a month later they sent me a replacement red dot scope.

Total POS, could only see the red dot within 5 degrees off center on the left side.

I gave up, already spent more returning shit than I did on the "Walther" red dot in the first place.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:02 pm

I've had really good luck with S&W customer service. I called about the finish wearing off on an MP 40 which I was not the original owner of and they took care of it. They paid for shipping both ways and even threw in a free magazine. I think they have excellent customer service and they stand by the S&W name.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:10 pm

Bought my Smith and Wesson 629 PC and they didn't include the screw for the second rubber grip. When I asked about it, they said they couldn't ship me a screw because they didn't have any...

Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:39 pm

Jim, I have 3 sets of those I would have given to you......

Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:00 pm

zombie66 wrote:Jim, I have 3 sets of those I would have given to you......

Thanks, Jason. If S&W fails to come through, I may come a knockin' (I'll be sure to show up in my lederhosen!)

S&W Customer Service

Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:12 pm

Roger, they are the uncle mikes boot grips correct?

Next time if you need J-Frame grips let me know, personally I like wood but you old farts love rubber....

Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:34 pm

zombie66 wrote:Roger, they are the uncle mikes boot grips correct?

Next time if you need J-Frame grips let me know, personally I like wood but you old farts love rubber....

Good sig material there. :wink05:

Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:42 pm

What I have is S&W branded, but I'm sure the Uncle Mikes would work fine (I had those on a 642 some time ago)

I like wood grips too, but being a carpenter... the rubber grips don't get dents and gouges and are much more comfortable when doing the work-a-day contortions associated with my job.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:53 pm

Gotcha

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:18 pm

I've had two excellent experiences.

1) had springs in my new shield mags buckling. They sent me 3 new springs immediately free, no questions further.
2) Bought a new M&P Pro which had a pretty (my understanding) normal 6lb pull, sent it to them saying i thought it would be a comp trigger with a pull weight below 5.5lb, sent it in free of charge, they did the trigger job or whatever, now just under 5lb. Perfect.

So yeah, S&W sits extraordinarily high in my book.

Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:14 pm

I received a set of new rubber grips in the mail today! (That was prompt)

They aren't the big round butt Combat grips I had and wanted as replacement, but are the smaller, kind of squared off rubber stocks. I probably wasn't clear enough in my communications with S&W(?)

Nonetheless... I installed them and after fiddly-fracking around with the gun for a while, I think they'll work. I'll have to get used to my pinky kind of tucking under the stocks since they are shorter, but since this isn't a "plinker" or something I shoot real regularly (It's a scandium .357! No fun to shoot after the first five rounds) I think I'll get used to them.

They conceal better anyway.

So... +1 for S&W.
Post a reply