Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Palmetto state armory 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ordered one of their pistol build kits and received it on September 4th, upon inspection the finish on the upper receiver and the A2 drilling on the barrel is of blemish quality. This was not advertised as a blem or anything mentioned that it may have any defects. So contacted them and it took over 10 days to get a response and a RMA setup. Sent it in and got it back yesterday without any communication as to what was done or statement of any sorts. The upper was sent back to me in the exact same condition i sent it to them with when they deemed it should be addressed. Just as a note they did offer a $30 blem credit which would not cover the cost of any of the parts. I have reached out again for answers, but gotta say at this point i wont be spending any money with them in the future.
ImageImageImageImage

Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ouch. that's rough.

I've got a completed upper in the mail right now from them. I will let everyone know how it shakes out.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:50 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

The barrel is definitely rough. It won't affect performance, but someone certainly tried to put a2 on there in a rush. They should have swapped it for a cleaner one for you.

As for the receiver, I'm not seeing a blem. Are there any physical issues I'm just not seeing in the pictures? I do see dry lube that's had a BCG in there and more than likely been test fired.

P: (360) 972-2955

Certified Cerakote Applicator
Custom Firearm builds
Firearm Sales/Special Orders
Ammo/parts Sales

Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You paid rock bottom prices and are expecting top notch quality. MOD EDIT: No need to be a dick.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mike_P wrote:
The barrel is definitely rough. It won't affect performance, but someone certainly tried to put a2 on there in a rush. They should have swapped it for a cleaner one for you.

As for the receiver, I'm not seeing a blem. Are there any physical issues I'm just not seeing in the pictures? I do see dry lube that's had a BCG in there and more than likely been test fired.

I too am curious about the upper.

They should have never shipped the barrel. That is beyond blem. I am probably exaggerating, but I wouldn't shoot that. Could be a stress area when the barrel flexes.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:17 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I've had them make the same mistake with pulling a blem when I paid for a non-blem. Their response "the bins are right next to each other. our bad. Send it back and we will replace it" which they did. I'm no longer building budget builds so I have no reason to purchase from them. It was great starting out but not for a long term perspective.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:51 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Upper looks like it's dirty from firing, not a blem. Clean it out and see how it looks

Barrel was crossdrilled for a FSP and them a LPGB was installed. Wouldn't be my first choice for how to go about it but for a price point rifle it works, still not a blem

Both issues are inside where it's not visible

Did the gas block come off on it's own or did you take it off?

Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:52 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

RocketScott wrote:
Both issues are inside where it's not visible

Did the gas block come off on it's own or did you take it off?

This is kind of an interesting point. If it came with big F marked style gas block/front sight combo installed over the sloppy drilling they may not consider it a blemish since it's hidden. I wouldn't be too happy to see that, but if the gas block covers it then it's probably not the end of the world.

PSA has crazy cheap prices and (I'm assuming) moves a huge amount of inventory. Mistakes are probably going to be made along the way. If you're looking for budget build parts also consider checking out Davidson Defense. I built a couple of their kits recently and they went together well. They had forgotten to include one of the upper receiver "small parts" bags with the kits. I emailed them and they had it sent out next day air the following morning.

IMO it's not worth swearing off buying from a company over something like this, but to each his own. Hope you are able to come to an agreeable resolution with PSA.

Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fungunnin wrote:
You paid rock bottom prices and are expecting top notch quality.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Thought this while reading post. Lol.

As for the upper, thats just dry lube film. Its not a defect.

Probably should keep an eye on your credit card activity too.

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have bought a lot of stuff from PSA, never has a problem except with a 7.5" 9mm Pistol upper. I sent it back and they replaced it, though it was a few months before i said, "Wtf" and then they sent a 10" i chose to replace it with a refund since the price went down.

The funny finish inside the upper is from test firing with dry Lube. The pin issue? They should have replaced it.
I'm with Sinus...i don't write a Company off for one mistake.

YMMV.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One thing I want to suggest to you guys who use psa don’t use your credit card. Use a temporary card. People have a lot of issues of credit card theft/fraud after using their credit cards there. The gundeals on reddit posts this on every psa post:

“inb4 "PSA steals your credit card info"

While there is no absolute official proof that there is or isn't a problem, it may still be advisable to use a temporary card number that may be offered by your bank or credit institute. Another option is to use Privacy.com.”

Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Update. they offered a refund as i was able to show them that the rear pin on the gas block actually would fall out when you rolled the upper to the side. So if that is not a blem i dont know what is. The inside finish was so bad along with the dry lube i could not get he bolt to return and close completely even if i just let it fly. I know palmetto is cheap but im not sure how this was ever test fired. This exchange took 47 emails and 11 phone call to resolve that should be noted as one of my complaints.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bmet923 wrote:
This exchange took 47 emails and 11 phone call to resolve that should be noted as one of my complaints.

Worth the money saved or nah?

Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glad you got your money back!

Yeah, it should not have gone on that long!

I actually have ordered quite a bit of stuff from them over the years and nothing has gone wrong..........what is interesting, right before your post I ordered their on sale BLEM MOE AR-15 kit (everything except lower) for a super low cost MOE build (won two lowers) AND a AR-10 lower assembly......low bucks to be sure......fingers crossed!!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I stopped buying Palmetto for Aero built uppers. Although both of my Palmetto uppers (dissipator and 10.5") have been absolutely flawless through several thousand rounds over the years.

Divided we fall.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next