Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:56 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Ryker Grip 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There was a thread about AFG's on a pistol, and I mentioned the Ryker grip as a possibility. A few of you made some negative comments even though having never tried it. Well I got one for my Tavor, and finally shot it yesterday. Even though I was on a bench I found it very comfortable, and seemed more natural to hold. It is kind of pricey, but on occasion they get one returned. So I got mine for $45. On their website they are still waiting for ATF to get back to them if it will be legal on a pistol (which would be great).

Some of you guys are in a rut, and automatically dislike stuff just because it is new. Open your mind, and try new things. If you don't like something, send it back/sell it/PIF it.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:42 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think most of us don’t dislike it because it’s new. I think we dislike it because it’s ugly.

Any pics of it on your Tavor?

Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:58 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The less shit I hang off my AR, the better I like it.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
The less shit I hang off my AR, the better I like it.

Pretty much this.

Some years ago there was a barebones but well made carbine called the Shootrite Katana. Red Jacket bought the name and, naturally, ruined (raped?) it.

It was the inspiration for my 20" AR.

I'm sure the Ryker Grip works for some people, but I've just never gotten into foregrips after trying a bunch. Even an AFG. You already have a grip for your weapon, it's called your hand on the handguard.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
I think most of us don’t dislike it because it’s new. I think we dislike it because it’s ugly.

Any pics of it on your Tavor?

I didn't get it for looks, but how well it moves the rifle around.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:50 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yup, ugly IMO. But good for you for being able to see beyond that for the ergonomics of it.

Question... Did you shoot it like that, that far forward? It would seem to me that your knuckles would be right in the line of muzzle break pressure/fire/owie/glockhand.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here Chuck, try this one and let us know how it works

Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Some of you guys are in a rut, and automatically dislike stuff just because it is new. Open your mind, and try new things.

That might be a valid comment if you were talking about something useful but outside the box, so to speak. But on a gimmick like this? Not cool.

There are some neat products coming out these days, but a lot of dumb stuff too. This one doesn't appear to solve any problem, it looks really stupid, and it's pretty expensive too. Those are plenty of reasons not to like something; it's disingenuous and frankly an insult to everyone else for you to claim we don't like it "because it's new". It's not because it's new, it's because I think it's dumb.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Yup, ugly IMO. But good for you for being able to see beyond that for the ergonomics of it.

Question... Did you shoot it like that, that far forward? It would seem to me that your knuckles would be right in the line of muzzle break pressure/fire/owie/glockhand.

Yes I shot it just like that with no issues. Very comfortable to hold, seems to me easier to move side to side to pick up different targets. I like it better than anything I've tried mounted under the gun.
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/ ... fist-grip/

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yondering wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
Some of you guys are in a rut, and automatically dislike stuff just because it is new. Open your mind, and try new things.

That might be a valid comment if you were talking about something useful but outside the box, so to speak. But on a gimmick like this? Not cool.

There are some neat products coming out these days, but a lot of dumb stuff too. This one doesn't appear to solve any problem, it looks really stupid, and it's pretty expensive too. Those are plenty of reasons not to like something; it's disingenuous and frankly an insult to everyone else for you to claim we don't like it "because it's new". It's not because it's new, it's because I think it's dumb.

If it works for someone, who cares. I personally don't see a need for it (like 3/4 of the bullshit I see on peoples ARs) but I'm not going to poo poo anyone else for having & liking it.

I'm sure the comment about 'new' holds true to some. I still see rifles with vertical fore grips!

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]