Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:42 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Stag Arms 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ordered a 308 rifle during thanksgiving. Still waiting. And they already took my money. It was cheap, so I’m still holding out.

Interesting note, Aero Precision is owned by White Wolf Capital, which also owns Stag. Unfortunately Stags CS leaves something to be desired. Every time I call I’m told 2-3 weeks.

From what I found on ARFCOM, it sounds like this is common for the holidays with them, but disappointed none the less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry to hear you're not having the best experience. I've had nothing but good buying experiences from them, but never bought firearms...just parts, including a lefty BCG on Black Friday that shipped in less than 24 hours. Hope you get your rifle soon!

Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry/St ... 57-289308/

There are a few other threads pretty similar at the stag arms page, so doesn't seem uncommon.

I'm not to the point of cancelling, but I would just be aware if I were looking at anything from Stag again.

The fact they took my money already is annoying, and not a best practice certainly.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Their products are excellent, service,not so much. Being a lefty, I have a lot of their stuff. I ordered a BCG & CH during the Black Friday Sale . They billed my CC right away but three weeks later, no goods. Order status showed shipped. Couldnt get through to customer service. Finally went through the contact info at the website and sent a sort of terse email. My stuff got sent the next day.

In my case, I think they were just swamped. They had my stuff in stock. Your order is probably stuck in a manufacturing backlog which is a constant problem with Stag. Tip: If you ever find left hand BCG in stock, get a couple, it can be 12 months between runs

Stag seems to go through cycles of growing pains. It's sad. I think their products are top of the line. I currently have 2 Stag rifles and 3 built from Stag components and all are first rate. I'm always disappointed when I hear apout customer service and delivery issues.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Finally got shipped and picked up. Took nearly 3 months to the day. Fit and finish seems good, and it is light. Nice rifle box too, which was not expected. Heck of a deal for $775. Only thing missing is sights, but I've got a set of MBUS from PSA laying around.

Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

joao01 wrote:
Finally got shipped and picked up. Took nearly 3 months to the day. Fit and finish seems good, and it is light. Nice rifle box too, which was not expected. Heck of a deal for $775. Only thing missing is sights, but I've got a set of MBUS from PSA laying around.

$775 is a great deal, but 3 months is excessive. Which model did you get?

Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
joao01 wrote:

$775 is a great deal, but 3 months is excessive. Which model did you get?

10S. it is no longer on their website, but it has MLOK rail, A2 grip and standard buttstock.

Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]