Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:29 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 South Sound Guns: A Warning about orders 
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

CallsignMigs wrote:
I’m not venting. I’m offering a review of a business. This is in the review section.

Gotcha. Well thank you for your review.

P: (360) 972-2955

Certified Cerakote Applicator
Custom Firearm builds
Firearm Sales/Special Orders
Ammo/parts Sales

Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:17 pm

It seems with this shop that when things go good they are really good and the bad is very bad. The huge debacle with all the cerakote jobs on ar15.com was really bad, most of Mike's replies in that seemed like he was beating around the bush and not giving a straight answer and giving broken promises. It ended with a bunch of pissed off people from around the country and Olympic cerakote being banned from ar15.com. While all this was going on I sent a message to mike and offered another set of hands to help you out because you're local and I've seen the work you did, I wanted to do what I could to get 3verything squared away. I never got a reply.

Then when I found out that mike opened a gun shop I instantly thought ohhh boy let's see how fast things go to hell. The excuses are on par with how they were on ar15.com filled with unrealistic finishing dates and more or less trying to pass the buck. To me it seems there is an organizational problem, I've felt that from the get go, like I picture the office to have crap all over the desk and everything is a mess.

Evidently it appears that nothing has changed, and that is sad. The lesson of the day is unless what you want is in stock there is a much higher chance of something not going right than other shops.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don’t know about all the hate that seems to be popping up here. I’ve been in more than a few times and have never had any issues. I’ve bought from them, transferred firearms, had some cerakote work done and been perfectly satisfied.

Have they had issues with some customers? It sounds like they may have. But having everyone hammering these guys when they had the balls to open up shop in a time when guns and Washington state is a rather disconcerting proposition. I think that people do need to call out issues, but we also need to be willing to still support them if possible. I enjoy most of the local shops, but no one else is willing to do transfers for free.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:33 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well said, Dan.

Points have been made, the issues hashed and rehashed . . . let's call this one done, too.

If Kgbsucka (the OP) or Mike_P have anything to add to the conversation later, let us know and we can unlock the thread.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:40 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4