Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:59 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Avoid Olympic Cerakote/ South Sound Guns 

I suppose I should have learned from the first 2 negative experiences but I gave Mike and his guys another shot to coat one of my rifles.

When I dropped it off i talked to Mike directly, told him I had a hunt coming up in a few weeks and was promised it would be done in 2 weeks max by Mike.

Emails and phone message left for Mike were not returned.

I called this Tuesday as it’s been 3 weeks with no follow up and was told it was done and ready but due to a surprise atf inspection I couldn’t pick it up until today per the ATF. Which the ATF investigator in his shop today told me is completely false.

I called this morning just to be told it had been prepped but not coated yet but would be completed and ready at 3 pm today. Arrived at 2:45 and they had not even touched it and of course Mike was unavailable (despite his truck being in the lot).

Blown deadlines are one thing, multiple blatant lies to a customer is another.

Too bad as his work is very high quality.

Added: The hits just keep coming. Apparently my barreled action was also dropped while at Mikes shop as my custom contoured brake now is bent on one side.

To add insult to injury I have a spring bear permit that opens on 04/01.

I took new pictures of the damage to the muzzle break. I know damn well I never dropped my $5500 rifle and scope so the damage had to have occurred at SSG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Mallardaddict on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:popcorn:

I can tell you first hand they do fantastic work, but with that being said I had the same exact issues with promises and guarantees that were not kept. My simple cerakote job took almost a month longer than I was told it would originally.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They don't seem to be having a good month. That bend is surprising to see. I feel like that would be more then being dropped.

Member:
2nd Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Firearms Policy Coalition
Silent Majority Foundation
NRA

Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ouch!!!!

That does not look good.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:26 pm

Beats me as to how it got dropped but it looks like it hit concrete. The barrel is a very heavy custom contour and even with the heavy spiral fluting it’s got some weight to it.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Those look like 2 different muzzle's

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

lol. detective mash man to the rescue? ROFL

Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:49 pm

mash man wrote:
Those look like 2 different muzzle's

Both are of the same barrel and muzzle brake, Holland brake custom contoured to my barrel.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mallardaddict wrote:
Beats me as to how it got dropped but it looks like it hit concrete. The barrel is a very heavy custom contour and even with the heavy spiral fluting it’s got some weight to it.

Looks very silver and the other pictures look very black.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Personally that is just nasty ass, I will never set foot in there.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That barrel is stunning.

Member:
2nd Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Firearms Policy Coalition
Silent Majority Foundation
NRA

Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

EmbraceTheEdge wrote:
That barrel is smashing.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have to agree with Mashman.

And if that is a "custom brake" you should be upset with the maker... the holes are not even well cut or symmetrical.

Those look like either two different brakes, or a "before" and "after" picture. The first pictures don't looking like a completed job. Nor does it even look like a expensive professionally made brake as nothing looks symmetrical. It looks like someone MADE the brake with some tools in his garage... that does NOT look like a custom brake for a $5500 gorgeous rifle setup. Nor do the pictures look like a coating was even applied. It's black and worn in the first pictures, yet silver in the second.

To my eye, it looks like someone had a damaged brake and took pictures before it was coated... So for that to happen and there be pictures, someone must have seen the damage BEFORE the coating was applied, and taken pictures to prove the damage. Who took those pictures and when were they taken? Either the OP took them, and delivered a damaged rifle. Or the shop took these pictures for liability purposes. Or the OP delivered a non-damaged rifle, the shop damaged the rifle, and then someone took these pictures. That is a key question needing answered.

Now, if the OP is being legit, that brake looks like it was beat on by a crowbar, about 10 swings. That would not be an accident...

I'm calling BS on this until the OP can provide some legit before and after pictures of the undamaged rifle brake and the after pictures.

I've personally been in the store once, and seen and held several of their display guns with ceracoat jobs and found their product to be strikingly attractive.

Last edited by leadcounsel on Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

now the lawyer is in on it! :popcorn:

accusation brought forth, will the defendant respond?
:ROFLMAO: :popcorn: :ROFLMAO: :popcorn: :rofl9:

Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For chrissakes let’s let Mike weigh in before hatching conspiracy theories and accusations against anybody. Sounds like the Me Too movement up in here

Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:35 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next