Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:22 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Avoid Olympic Cerakote/ South Sound Guns 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mallardaddict wrote:
As to the guys questioning the brake quality, it is a holland and they are a pretty decent brake, the ports are very much concentric, again it’s just angle of the picture i assume. Here is a few more pictures taken 5 minutes ago in better light showing it’s through the coating and not under it.

Are you shitting me, and all of us right now?

That is clearly not 'through the coating', that happened before coating was applied. If it was though the coating it would be shiny

The damage on the muzzle brake looks like it was dropped more than once and not just on a flat concrete surface. There's a ding on the second fin from the end and another one the opposite side

Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:39 pm

RocketScott wrote:
Mallardaddict wrote:
As to the guys questioning the brake quality, it is a holland and they are a pretty decent brake, the ports are very much concentric, again it’s just angle of the picture i assume. Here is a few more pictures taken 5 minutes ago in better light showing it’s through the coating and not under it.

Are you shitting me, and all of us right now?

That is clearly not 'through the coating', that happened before coating was applied. If it was though the coating it would be shiny

The damage on the muzzle brake looks like it was dropped more than once and not just on a flat concrete surface. There's a ding on the second fin from the end and another one the opposite side

The gun is physically in my possession and one can easily see that the coating layer has been broken and indeed you can see the stainless of the brake in the gouges.

If you knew me you would know I am about the most honest guy you would ever meet. I happen to have many high end rifles from many of the top smiths in the nation and take immaculate care of them as my history on snipershide and long range hunting will attest.

Not sure why you think I would damage my own shit and try to pawn it off on someone else. Why would I even take damaged shit to be coated rather then just replace it? Also why does the dent not show in the before picture of the rifle.

Your entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is, I know the truth and mike already said he noted no damage upon its arrival to his shop.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

1/ I do not know when that before picture was taken

2/ It doesn't really show the muzzle device well

3/ I can see coating in the grooves of the damage

4/ The damage is in more than one place, indication multiple impacts

5/ If you think that is a well machined, high end, muzzle device I've got news for you. The machining marks are enough to tell me that you don't know what you are talking about. It really does look like shit. I would not put that on anything I own, and I've bought home brewed muzzle devices of TOS that look 10x better than that

6/ You're muzzle crown looks like shit

That's all I've got for now. Give me some more time looking at the pictures and I could probably come up with some more

This is the second time you've come on here just to shit on this business. I have no idea what you're interests are, don't really care. I've got no interest in this business myself. Not going to let BS flow freely though

Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:09 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Alright.. I think this has gone far enough. Mallard made his posts, Mike made his posts and there has now been some PM communication attempting to resolve. I am going to lock this back and forth. If Mallard want's to update this in the future, he can PM any of the staff and we can unlock it for updates.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:15 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

I received a PM from Mallardaddict saying "Mike has offered me an acceptable resolution to my concerns"

I, for one, am glad that Mike is taking care of these complaints, even as new ones surface.

I will be keeping this locked.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3