Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:04 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Avoid Olympic Cerakote/ South Sound Guns 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Arisaka wrote:
For chrissakes let’s let Mike weigh in before hatching conspiracy theories and accusations against anybody. Sounds like the Me Too movement up in here
:rofl9: :rofl9: :rofl9:

Divided we fall.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Strike two for the lawyer. Aggrieved party presumed guilty before the trial. Sheesh.

Looks like the same brake - close ups don't reflect as much light as the long view photos.

Kinda like a close up of your face - it will look like moon craters and tree trunks if you haven't shaved, and have no resemblance to your face even though they are one and the same.......................

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:
Strike two for the lawyer. Aggrieved party presumed guilty before the trial. Sheesh.

Looks like the same brake - close ups don't reflect as much light as the long view photos.

Kinda like a close up of your face - it will look like moon craters and tree trunks if you haven't shaved, and have no resemblance to your face even though they are one and the same.......................

No need to make it personal against ME... and I'm not the only one questioning this.

Unlike some, I actually understand that the burden of proof is on an accuser, not a respondent. In this case, the accuser is the OP. OP presented a brake that looks like was made by an amatuer with unsymmetrical cutouts. And looks like it was beat on with a hammer and pics taken before any coating applied.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
RENCORP wrote:

No need to make it personal against ME... and I'm not the only one questioning this.

Unlike some, I actually understand that the burden of proof is on an accuser, not a respondent. In this case, the accuser is the OP. OP presented a brake that looks like was made by an amatuer with unsymmetrical cutouts. And looks like it was beat on with a hammer and pics taken before any coating applied.

It doesnt matter if its the worst pile of shit you ever seen. Its the OP pile of shit and someone damaged it. END of story. You damage my pile of shit and YOUR liable.

I hope you act differently in COURT than on the INTERNET.

The pic is only a difference in lighting.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You want the truth...YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
RENCORP wrote:

It doesnt matter if its the worst pile of shit you ever seen. Its the OP pile of shit and someone damaged it. END of story. You damage my pile of shit and YOUR liable.

I hope you act differently in COURT than on the INTERNET.

The pic is only a difference in lighting.

Again with the personal attacks....!!!! Why can't some of you compartmentalize an issue being discussed, with personal attacks. It's endless with some of you...

If you look at the first pictures, it does NOT appear the brake has any ceracoating that matches the finished pictures. And it's already damaged. So to ME it appears, in order of events, unless a reasonable explanation otherwise.

1. OP ordered and received a brake of very poor quality in workmanship and soft metal. Soft enough to bend or be damaged by "dropping" it. My AR brakes wouldn't bend like that if dropped from 5' onto concrete. (And the rest of the rifle would show scuffs...).
2. Brake appears to have been damaged at some point thru abuse (not being "dropped"). There are numerous impacts on the brake suggesting someone beat on it with something. BEFORE any coating applied.
3. Someone took photos of it in the damaged state, BEFORE any coating appears to have been applied.

I think the OP needs to demonstrate otherwise if he's going to make an accusation against a business.

If SS did that damage, then that's unexcuseable. But I'm far from convinced based on the accusation. Just I reserved conviction in Judge Kavanaugh's nonsense accusations.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

LEAD COUNCIL. No personal attack here. You ventured into investigative journalism, and I responded with my opinion.

Never post on the internetz if you never want to have your opinion questioned or suffer through rebuttal.

You seemed to be fine with questioning the integrity of the original poster.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You guys should stop the purse swinging, it's unbecoming

It'll be interesting to hear what Mike has to say. Not going to take anything away from the OP at this point. I'd rather wait and let the truth play out

One thing I know for sure: That's the crappiest looking muzzle brake I've even seen. If I spent what the OP paid for that rifle I'd be pissed, dent or no dent

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:

One thing I know for sure: That's the crappiest looking muzzle brake I've even seen. If I spent what the OP paid for that rifle I'd be pissed, dent or no dent

:cheers2: :plusone:

Part of my overall point as well...

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:09 pm

leadcounsel wrote:
I have to agree with Mashman.

And if that is a "custom brake" you should be upset with the maker... the holes are not even well cut or symmetrical.

Those look like either two different brakes, or a "before" and "after" picture. The first pictures don't looking like a completed job. Nor does it even look like a expensive professionally made brake as nothing looks symmetrical. It looks like someone MADE the brake with some tools in his garage... that does NOT look like a custom brake for a $5500 gorgeous rifle setup. Nor do the pictures look like a coating was even applied. It's black and worn in the first pictures, yet silver in the second.

To my eye, it looks like someone had a damaged brake and took pictures before it was coated... So for that to happen and there be pictures, someone must have seen the damage BEFORE the coating was applied, and taken pictures to prove the damage. Who took those pictures and when were they taken? Either the OP took them, and delivered a damaged rifle. Or the shop took these pictures for liability purposes. Or the OP delivered a non-damaged rifle, the shop damaged the rifle, and then someone took these pictures. That is a key question needing answered.

Now, if the OP is being legit, that brake looks like it was beat on by a crowbar, about 10 swings. That would not be an accident...

I'm calling BS on this until the OP can provide some legit before and after pictures of the undamaged rifle brake and the after pictures.

I've personally been in the store once, and seen and held several of their display guns with ceracoat jobs and found their product to be strikingly attractive.

The picture of the rifle scoped on my garage floor is what the rifle looked like prior to going to SS. The rifle still has the same metallic silver cerakote in the close up pics and it is just lighting in that picture that makes it look black but it’s silver I assure you.

The brake is an original Holland if I remember right that that smith contoured to match my muzzle diameter. Not the fanciest of braked but it certainly was not damaged prior t it’s arrival to SS and it’s 3 week stay.

At this point my new Smith is sending me a prototype brake to try out and the rifle is headed to another shop for new coating. I don’t expect a dime from Mike or a reply even, just refuse to do business there again and warning people of my experience.

Everyone is free to take that as they will but i do take offense with you blatantly calling me a liar in public. Nice lack of tact dude!

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:10 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Ok, first off, I realize I represent the store, but you guys keep blaming me personally. It's interesting.

Anyways, Mr. Short, as the customer I have to put your needs first. SO please recognize that.

When we spoke I told you it would be done. I did not account for the ATF to drop by for their inspection. Once the IOI dropped in, I immediately told everyone that because I am assisting the inspector, I will not be able to coat anything or completed any major smithing work until he completes his work. This is because ALL serialized parts were being accounted for and had to be in the IOIs hands for him to complete his job. I do not know who told you it would be complete and ready on Tuesday but if you can supply me a name, I can have a talk with them.

Once customers began calling about status checks, we informed them things were not being coated. Some customers preferred to pick their items up and we made sure they understood that pick ups were to be later in the week so that the inspector could complete his work in a timely manner. Regardless, he took the week and is going to be back next week as well.

Also, I was present when you spoke with Robin regarding your rifle pick up. He specifically asked me what time you could pick things up. I told him around 4-5pm or later. He actually stated 5-6 so that we could have things ready, as all the items for coating were moved to our vault. You then came at 3:00pm, which because of your raised voice towards the employees was clearly heard. At that time I was IN my office speaking with the investigator. So I was unable to simply walk out at that time. Which brings me to this point.

JUST BECAUSE MY TRUCK IS IN THE PARKING LOT DOES NOT MEAN I AM AVAILABLE.

Just like if my truck is at home, it doesn't mean I'm at the house. So c'mon...

Annnnyways, in regards to "dropping" your rifle. Nobody reported this to me. So I cannot confirm it. However that said, since you are the customer I cannot deny it. I can only apologize. Because I have no proof one way or another. I cannot even prove that it occurred or not in your possession. So again, our apologies. Contact me DIRECTLY and I will get you taken care of.

I appreciate your review, but it's clearly lacking the entire story. Also, the ATF inspector, didn't appreciate you "stalking" our parking lot until he was heading out to his vehicle.

We make it a point to take care of our customers. Given the weird situation with the inspection, things were definitely out of the norm. Let me take care of you once everything is wrapped up and you shouldn't have any question as to our customer service.

P: (360) 972-2955

Certified Cerakote Applicator
Custom Firearm builds
Firearm Sales/Special Orders
Ammo/parts Sales

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:15 pm

Mike has had his say and clearly we see what occurred much differently! Mike and me both went over the rifle and discussed at length what I wanted done so he also should be able to state that the brake wasn’t bent when it arrived.

I was told yesterday morning that I could pick my rifle up between 4-5 as I told him I had a commitment yesterday evening. Yes I arrived an hour early due to allowing for possible traffic. Had my rifle been being sprayed or even prepped there would have been no issue. If you were present for that discussion then you would also know that he told me the rifle was already stripped and would be coated and ready to go by 5 pm! My somewhat raised voice was because I was told even that morning that work had begun on it and yet it sat untouched so excuse me for being annoyed

Once you knew of the delays why didn’t you reach out to me Mike and tell me what was happening? Seems it shouldn’t be the customers job and in fact I gave you an extra week before I even called.

No one stalked the atf gentleman, I was returning a phone call and as I was pulling out I politely asked him if he actually told you and your employee that they couldn’t release guns in for service. He point blank told me that he NEVER said that customers rifles couldn’t be returned as they were private property and not subject at all to his inquiry as they were not store property. I asked him this question in person after having spoken to one of your employees on Tuesday morning who told me that my rifle could not be returned until Friday at the direction of the atf but that it was coated and ready to release.

As to reaching out to you, I left 2 voicemails one Tuesday am and one Friday am asking for you specifically to call me back and sent an email on Wednesday that is as of yet still Unreplied to. So I in fact did reach out to you specifically. You also have my phone number had you at any point chosen to contact me.

As to the guys questioning the brake quality, it is a holland and they are a pretty decent brake, the ports are very much concentric, again it’s just angle of the picture i assume. Here is a few more pictures taken 5 minutes ago in better light showing it’s through the coating and not under it.

Like I said I want nor expect anything from Mike or SSG, he has offered to “make things right” whatever that entails on his end. I am just very unhappy with what occurred and letting guys know. I am paying to fix this out of my own pocket and hopefully have it back in time for my hunt..

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Mallardaddict on Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:25 pm

Sir,

Yes, we went over it upon drop off, but I clearly stated that I do not know what occurred. The other employees didn't bring anything to my attention, nor did you say anything upon pick-up. So I personally do not know if it happened a week ago, 3 days ago, or in your possession. That's it.

I did however say regardless of what occurred, that I will take care of you. So I'm not sure where the miscommunication here is.

P: (360) 972-2955

Certified Cerakote Applicator
Custom Firearm builds
Firearm Sales/Special Orders
Ammo/parts Sales

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have absolutely zero skin in this game. This is the second post like this in about as many weeks. The one glaring thing I have taken away from this is, Mike I appreciate how you come here and handle these situations. You show professionalism and class when you do. Make direct points with facts ad you see them without attacking the customer and attempt to do everything you can.
Again, I hold no verdict on what has transpired and likely wont do business with SSG, simply due to logistics, but Mike handles himself well here.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:06 pm

Mile_P asked me to reach out to him directly so I sent him a pm with every detail on what transpired. He says he will take care of me so the ball is now in his court to contact me. We shall see what he comes up with and I will follow up here to let everyone know how it’s handled.

Again I want to be very clear that Mike does killer work but the broken promises and lack of communication from any business holding my items is inexcusable in my mind. The bent brake just put me over the edge.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:14 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next