Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:37 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Poll: Would you buy a WaGuns logo'd EDC Pen? 

Would a WaGuns laser engraved EDC pen interest you?
Yes! Take my money! 22%  22%  [ 4 ]
Maybe, if the price is right. 39%  39%  [ 7 ]
What's an EDC Pen? 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
No doesn't interest me. 28%  28%  [ 5 ]
No, it's too expensive. 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 18

Poll: Would you buy a WaGuns logo'd EDC Pen? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some of you guys are aware I make, sell and give away what's become known on WaGuns as an EDC Pen. Usually it's a bolt-action pen, but sometimes other styles. I recently completed an order for Dan of 50 pens (thanks again for the business), which allowed me to tool up with some better gear. However, the guy who was doing the laser engraving for me wasn't really into ever doing it again, but didn't tell me that until he bailed on another order close to a deadline. He's so not into it that he's looking to sell his laser engraver and all associated gear for a pretty good price, but still more than the comptroller (Rita) likes. So, I'm wondering how many of you guys might be interested in purchasing an engraved EDC Pen? In case you're thinking these would make good xmas gifts, well, you're right, they would, but I'm not sure I'd be able to get into production with them that soon.

Dan & Steve have given me permission to use the WaGuns logo, and it's going to take me a while to come up to speed on the software to run the engraver. I'm thinking I'd offer two tiers, one with just your name (or whatever you like) on the pen barrel, and another with the logo wrapped around the barrel like you see in the picture below. There's some risk in this to me, as we had about a 16% failure rate while making Dan's order (laser blowing through or severely burning the wood making the pen useless, etc.).

I think I could even engrave your existing pen for you if you'd like, but there's some risk in that as well (I have to disassemble the pen to engrave it, then put it back together).

I think I'd be able to do the engraving for an extra $10 / pen for your name & the WaGuns logo, or $5 for just your name. If you wanted your existing pen upgraded, tack on an extra $5 to those prices. Actual prices TBD.

I currently sell my bolt action pens for $55 / each (assuming it's not using an expensive species of wood, like Snake Wood), and the style shown in the first picture (called Mesa), are usually $50 / each.

Here's an example of what Dan's job looked like:

And here's what the bolt-action pens look like (these are all sold and not engraved).

Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:04 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Can you chamber one for a .22 Mag? :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Now THAT would be an EDC pen I'd consider :thumbsup2:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:40 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I voted "Yes, TAKE MY MONEY", before I even read the post.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Would they be completed by X-Mas? Would love to get a few for gifts if possible.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks really cool. Great work.

If you are able to manufacture or produce something, I'm working on a patent for a small gun related item I'd like to produce and get to market or at least design a working prototype.

Anyway if you have that manufacturing capabilities we should talk.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
I voted "Yes, TAKE MY MONEY", before I even read the post.

Thanks Dan, I appreciate it.
kuga wrote:
Would they be completed by X-Mas? Would love to get a few for gifts if possible.

For laser engraved, probably not, I don't have the machine, and there's going to be a learning curve to use it. If you'd like pens similar to the ones in the photos without engraving, those can certainly be done before xmas. I just need to know right away because there's a bit of lead time to get the kits in. Once I have the kits, I can produce them fairly quickly.
leadcounsel wrote:
Looks really cool. Great work.

If you are able to manufacture or produce something, I'm working on a patent for a small gun related item I'd like to produce and get to market or at least design a working prototype.

Anyway if you have that manufacturing capabilities we should talk.

Can you send me a PM with your general idea? You don't have to be specific, just enough to be able to let me figure out if I can help you.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:59 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Can I get mine with a different clip? Apparently I'm abusive and broke mine after bending it too many times. I'm not even sure how that happened. I'd also reach to my pants pocket for the pen and it wouldn't be there. Only to be found clipped to my locs. You know how weird it is for someone to tell you there's an ink pen in your hair? Is there a blunt polymer tip that an used to cap it on top?

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

For the person who votes "What's an EDC Pen?". EDC is an acronym for "Every Day Carry", a term us gun owners use to define our daily gun (they gun we carry, every day). When David started making these pens for the members on here, I coined it as my Every Day Pen, or EDP. That quickly morphed into the EDC Pen. And I do carry my EDC Pen daily. I actually have a few of them.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
Can I get mine with a different clip? Apparently I'm abusive and broke mine after bending it too many times. I'm not even sure how that happened. I'd also reach to my pants pocket for the pen and it wouldn't be there. Only to be found clipped to my locs. You know how weird it is for someone to tell you there's an ink pen in your hair? Is there a blunt polymer tip that an used to cap it on top?

Dana,
I've got spares if you want to send me your pen. They also make other styles of clip I can order for you. I'll send a link shortly.

If we go to the NY Shoot, I can fix it for you there. We don't know if we're going yet, there are some medical issues to clear up first.

EDIT: I thought they had more styles of clips available, so it looks like either a straight replacement, or a "gun sight" style (rounded tip instead of the 1903 Springfield). https://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKSCLIPGM.html

Let me know what you'd like to do.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:22 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd be interested.

P.s.
I knew I'd seen that South Sound Contractor's logo before, you guys have been in my neighborhood (Southlake) for a little while building a neighbor's RV garage/mother in law, it's huge and looks nice!

Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:05 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

prq9218 wrote:
I'd be interested.

P.s.
I knew I'd seen that South Sound Contractor's logo before, you guys have been in my neighborhood (Southlake) for a little while building a neighbor's RV garage/mother in law, it's huge and looks nice!

Yup! We did an addition to the rear of that house first, now we are doing the shop with a game room above. The HOA's not happy with how long it is taking, but it's almost done. I'm there about once a week doing a site visit.

Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:23 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
prq9218 wrote:
I'd be interested.

P.s.

Yup! We did an addition to the rear of that house first, now we are doing the shop with a game room above. The HOA's not happy with how long it is taking, but it's almost done. I'm there about once a week doing a site visit.

The patio cover is really nice as well, we're thinking about getting one done in our backyard at some point, albeit a bit smaller. The HOA has generally been pretty relaxed with their rules, so I'm guessing they're getting bored. Either way, my kids love looking at all the equipment when we're on our walks.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]