Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:27 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Hot Water Heater/Tankless 

For what its worth.... this is the water heater I went with when mine blew out last spring....
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rheem-Perfo ... /205811151
Being that my old Rheem was a 6 year model that made it to 22 years, I had no problem going with another 6 year model --- going to make it a point to replace the anode at ~6-7 year mark and hopefully get another 15+ years out of it.

Yeah, the tankless just doesn't pen out unless your problem is running out of hot water. The tank I got in the link has a UFE of .63 (rebates start with a UFE of .65+) --- to get any higher the tanks go away from a pilot light and use an igniter and also need a fan on the exhaust --- just not worth it - don't want to have to run power to the water heater. I'm pretty sure the old tank had a UFE of .57 at best, so the new one is definitely better. Be sure to check out the UFEs for the different sizes of the tanks - they all vary - for some reason the 50 gal size has the highest UFE - I'm guessing it a form factor/vol to surface kinda thing.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do you have galvanized pipe?

Tankless is good for having constant hot water, but just keep in mind, if anything goes wrong with it you may be out of hot water for a couple weeks. They don't sell any parts for any tankless water heater on the shelf. It has to come from the manufacturer.

If you have any questions, Feel free to ask. I'm a plumber.

Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:45 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2