Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Toyota Tacoma Suspension (NEW) Shop/Expertise/Install needed 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bought a new 2019 Toyota Tacoma a couple months ago and I am modifying it a bit. I bought a SPORT trim model so I could get the 6 speed MT, longer bed, and Access Cab (combo NA in OffRoad)

Anyways I have done a few things, tires, OVT tuned, regeared, lockers front and rear, cosmetics, etc. I use it for trails, OR mud, etc (No not boulder climbing) and hauling like a truck (finally I have a truck again!!!)

I don't want some nutless boy huge lift. 1.5-2". Not sure even what pieces I will buy. Tons of options........uggg

Anyone on the east/north east side of metro area do this sort of thing and not clean my wallet out?

Thanks!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd throw a kit like this in and call it a day. Simple install that can be done in a few hours.

https://www.amazon.com/Leveling-Tacoma- ... 536&sr=8-3

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:55 am

I have Toytec on my Tacoma. Been running great for a few years now.

Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

These guys are a bit far from you, but they do good work for a fair price. They installed a 2 inch level lift on the front of my 2016 Colorado and with alignment it was 250 bucks OTD.
http://www.xo-fab.com/

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Paging Rix.

Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:55 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

mtnwkr wrote:
I'd throw a kit like this in and call it a day. Simple install that can be done in a few hours.

https://www.amazon.com/Leveling-Tacoma- ... 536&sr=8-3

:yes: block and spacer is fine for a small lift.

Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had a spacer in the front and a add-a-leaf in mine when I got it. The rear was way to stiff and uncomfortable.

I switches it to Bilstein 5100 shocks with built in lift in the front. Removed the spacer. Then added progressive rear leaf springs with extra spring to the back. Also Bilstein shocks to the rear.

Lifted it to perfect height for 2 inches and rides much better. Wasn’t much money either.

Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Billy 5100s
They at least have some additional damping capability to make up for the spaced springs.

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:11 pm

Old Man Emu is always a solid option for any Yota --- have been happy with set of springs and shocks on my 4Runner for the last 15 years.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:08 pm

For the love of everything good and holy don’t do a spacer lift. You’ll bottom out your shocks on a decent pothole.

Old Man Emu (ARB) are probably the best bang for your buck. I bought a used set off a guy on TacomaWorld.com 6 years ago for my 2007 Tacoma and they are still running strong. Albeit with some creaks and squeaks from lack of zerk greasing...

If you only plan on doing some light off-roading (FS roads, etc) some Bilstein 1500’s all-around and extra leafs in the rear to level will be fine. I had mine installed at Mule in Issaquah. They’re... spendy to put it mildly. A decent wrench can do it in a day for cheaper if you know one or are one.

Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Trogdor wrote:
For the love of everything good and holy don’t do a spacer lift. You’ll bottom out your shocks on a decent pothole.

Old Man Emu (ARB) are probably the best bang for your buck. I bought a used set off a guy on TacomaWorld.com 6 years ago for my 2007 Tacoma and they are still running strong. Albeit with some creaks and squeaks from lack of zerk greasing...

If you only plan on doing some light off-roading (FS roads, etc) some Bilstein 1500’s all-around and extra leafs in the rear to level will be fine. I had mine installed at Mule in Issaquah. They’re... spendy to put it mildly. A decent wrench can do it in a day for cheaper if you know one or are one.

Looking at 6112's front and 5160 in the rear. Still have not decided.

Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:48 am

You planning on running some armor up front? Winch bumper, etc?

I feel the 6112’s should be fine to handle the extra weight from a steel bumper/winch combo if you go that route.

May be a little stiff initially until you break them in. The 3rd notch setting should give you about 2” of lift. The 4th notch about 3”.

Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
I bought a new 2019 Toyota Tacoma a couple months ago and I am modifying it a bit. I bought a SPORT trim model so I could get the 6 speed MT, longer bed, and Access Cab (combo NA in OffRoad)

Anyways I have done a few things, tires, OVT tuned, regeared, lockers front and rear, cosmetics, etc. I use it for trails, OR mud, etc (No not boulder climbing) and hauling like a truck (finally I have a truck again!!!)

I don't want some nutless boy huge lift. 1.5-2". Not sure even what pieces I will buy. Tons of options........uggg

Anyone on the east/north east side of metro area do this sort of thing and not clean my wallet out?

Thanks!

How do you like the OV Tune?

They are coming out with an updated version that interests me. I just picked up a used 2019 Tacoma with 5500 miles for the wife.

Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

scorpion rider wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Thanks!

They are coming out with an updated version that interests me. I just picked up a used 2019 Tacoma with 5500 miles for the wife.

I LOVE it. Did you get AT or MT? Mandatory for AT, essential for MT. I am waiting for 2.0 as there is no 2.0Beta for 2019 MT. I'm running 1.05 91 FOB.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
scorpion rider wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Thanks!

I LOVE it. Did you get AT or MT? Mandatory for AT, essential for MT. I am waiting for 2.0 as there is no 2.0Beta for 2019 MT. I'm running 1.05 91 FOB.

The truck is an AT, so I’m very interested in the OV tune. The 2018 Honda Civic my wife was driving was a 6MT which sucked in traffic. I will miss the 40mpg.

We got a 2019 Tacoma TRD sport. Its a double cab long bed. The short bed doesn’t look right to me. lm 6’1” and can still fit ok in the back seat. It’s got all the side sensors and adaptive cruise control. The only two things I don’t like about the truck are no power seats and no Apple car play for our phones to use address for the GPS. I don’t really care about the power seats, but my wife does.i might replace the radio at some point, but it currently is the high end stereo package and does have gps, but you have to type in the address. The voice recognition sucks for telling it addresses. The 2020 has that stuff, but would have cost me $12000 more. I have read that Apple updates the phones so often some people are having trouble with the Apple car play not working properly after they update their phone. My wife’s Honda had that same problem. Other than those two items which aren’t a big deal I like the truck a lot.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]