Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:49 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Sales and Marketing Associates (Firearms) 

Sales and Marketing Associates (Firearms)
Gill Arms is firearm manufacturer in WA state. We have exciting new line of handguns with many innovative features. We are looking for Sale and Marketing Associates. Primary job functions include driving to various firearm dealers in Northwest region and sell firearms.
Job Requirements:
• Must have experience in handling firearms and ammunition.
• Gather sales requirements, generate proposals, present to customer senior management and participate in complex sales cycles
• Consulting business development with demonstrated ability to close deals.
• Anticipate problems and recommend innovative solutions. Attentive to client and team needs.
• Experience with Digital Marketing industry with focus on social media.
• Exceptional communication skills, ethics, leadership ability, executive presence, and work habits absolutely required.
• Excellent team building, verbal and written communication.
• Must be able to own firearms in WA state.
• Good driving history.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Commission
Remote working: Associate can work remotely, at least 1 visit per week at company location (Lakewood) is required. daily communication and progress update is must.
Interested candidate can call on number below and send resume to email below:
Gill Arms (www.gillarms.com)
Email: info@gillarms.com
Ph: 253-254-5497

Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You have a couple of typos on your website... examples:
"This safety mechanism is superior compare to. .."
"Simple design with low part count increase reliability and reduces..."
@http://www.gillarms.com/technology.php
There are many others.

Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

quantsuff wrote:
There are many others.

Agreed. Looks like an interesting firearm but the website needs a bunch of help. Especially since you are competing with a lot of others in a very crowded field.
I saw a couple of things that makes Gill unique but nothing to wow me. You are going to need some videos, A front page that actually does something. If Didn't specifically wonder around to see what the web sit was and instead had stumbled across it somehow. I doubt I would have stayed very long.

If gill arms wants some suggestions or references I have some for you all. Feel free to PM. BTW the drawings look familiar what design program are you working with?

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:22 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice to see another maker out there, but I strongly agree with the other posters, the website is unprofessional and I would not have confidence plunking down $800 on a firearm when the website is not even updated to be current.

That being said I have never tried the firearm so it could very well be very good.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another Glock clone? For the price, it'd have to be MUCH better than the Glock.

Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are four ways to sell handguns in the US.

1. Appeal to history. Make 1911s, Hi-Powers, revolvers, etc. No R&D needed, really.
2. Wide adoption by LE/military. Civilians know that if a handgun has passed through those gauntlets, it's a quality gun. How many full sized Berettas were sold in the U.S. before the M9?
3. Get tons of buzz among the shooting community for being innovative/interesting/well-made. Then keep the train going through competition and a continuous media presence. This is where Hudson and others failed after the initial buzz wore off, but where Walther appears to be doing things right with their line of handguns after coming back from the dead. HK can't seem to do the same, but it's partly price/value related.
4. Be a compact/subcompact 9mm that costs less than $400.

I wish Gill luck but unless they can do #3 in a hurry they won't sell any guns.

Just the $0.02 from a sales and business management guy.

Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Col_Temp wrote:
quantsuff wrote:
There are many others.

Agreed. Looks like an interesting firearm but the website needs a bunch of help. Especially since you are competing with a lot of others in a very crowded field.
I saw a couple of things that makes Gill unique but nothing to wow me. You are going to need some videos, A front page that actually does something. If Didn't specifically wonder around to see what the web sit was and instead had stumbled across it somehow. I doubt I would have stayed very long.

If gill arms wants some suggestions or references I have some for you all. Feel free to PM. BTW the drawings look familiar what design program are you working with?

Agreed. And the marketing must not be very good. I lived apparently within 20 miles of the company and never heard of them until now. I've never seen one in any local gun shop. If you want to sell guns you have to get your product to the showrooms to be fondled.

And the website is in dire need of an editor. I read the 2018 notice and saw at least 6 grammar and spelling errors in the first 1/2 of a page. That doesn't reflect badly on the gun and engineers but it does not instill confidence ...

I'd aggressively hire a marketing, copy/edit company for an overhaul and aggressive campaign. Right now gun makers can't keep guns in stock and profits must be enormous.

Last edited by leadcounsel on Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Regardless of typos and aliens and such. What type of handguns, what do they look like and which innovations are you talking about???

Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]