Switch to full style
Post here if you are in need of a specific service, or have a job opening to advertise.
Post a reply

Re: Female firearms instructor needed

Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:32 pm

A followup to this.

I misunderstood the scope of what my wife wanted from instruction. She wanted me (and me specifically) to show her how to use my guns just in case. This is a tremendous advance from how she was when we first met and I discovered her feelings on firearms. She was completely against the idea of private ownership. After a year or so, this led to a breakup of about a week. When we got back together, we talked about guns and she promised to come over to my side. I took a very big risk by continuing and then marrying her. She seems to understand that a lot of what she previously knew was mostly lies.

Anyhow, the range near the house has a weekly "date night", so we did that. Today she suggested going to the range for the list of things to do on a day off. I'm looking forward to her asking me about classes.

Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:37 pm

That is awesome! :thumbsup2:

You'd better plan on getting her a gift certificate to the local gun store for an upcoming holiday. Pretty soon she won't be content with "your" guns. :bigsmile:

Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:03 pm

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:
Get a lever-action 22lr in her hands and she will go shooting with you anytime. Load it up for her the first three times and then she'll be in her own little world the rest of the day. This has worked for me several times. There are some dandy pits out near you for shooting steel if you can break her into that too.

Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:49 pm

Agreed^^
Stay with .22lr rifle or pistol. She will tell you when she is ready to move up in caliber.

Mon May 03, 2021 9:56 pm

She seems most fond of my Ruger 10/22, which she referred to as a "shotgun" a few times before I explained why it's not a shotgun. She was able to shoot a 1911 decently. She was able to shoot five rounds from a .38spl snubnose, but didn't like the recoil. At that point I decided she probably wouldn't like the Glock 27 because the recoil is sharper than that of the revolver. She agreed with that assessment.

At this point she might be agreeable to the overhauling of the 10/22 that I've been wanting to do for a while. This involves sending off the receiver to be stripped, drilled for cleanout and rear button-bed, and cerakoted. Then new threaded barrel without sights, new op rod and bolt handle, and more magazines. Add to that an M16-style rear peep sight and picatinny rail. Maybe strip the stock and refinish more matte or rubbed oil.

Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:14 pm

Firearms safety knows no gender. The only difference for a woman compared to man is conceal locations and caliber size.

Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:27 pm

Fizmo wrote:She seems most fond of my Ruger 10/22, which she referred to as a "shotgun" a few times before I explained why it's not a shotgun. She was able to shoot a 1911 decently. She was able to shoot five rounds from a .38spl snubnose, but didn't like the recoil. At that point I decided she probably wouldn't like the Glock 27 because the recoil is sharper than that of the revolver. She agreed with that assessment.

At this point she might be agreeable to the overhauling of the 10/22 that I've been wanting to do for a while. This involves sending off the receiver to be stripped, drilled for cleanout and rear button-bed, and cerakoted. Then new threaded barrel without sights, new op rod and bolt handle, and more magazines. Add to that an M16-style rear peep sight and picatinny rail. Maybe strip the stock and refinish more matte or rubbed oil.

Just build a second one.

Lil crow gun works lug works better than rear bedding. Don't for get to properly float the barrel.
Post a reply