Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:05 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Armed Security in Fife WA..Former/Retired police or military 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looking for either former/retired law enforcement or honorably discharged military members to work armed security in Fife.
2 weeks on and 2 weeks off.
12 hours shifts, Day shift is 5am to 5pm and Night shift is 5pm to 5am.
This is a salary paid position which starts out at $4,395.30 per month.
Full medical/dental/vision and a 401K retirement plan after 6 months of service.
No over-time whatsoever...your two weeks that you are off, it's yours to enjoy, so spend your two weeks with your family/friends or your 4-legged hiking companion.

Last edited by bulldog18 on Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:38 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jeff, I don't quality for this, but a few questions clarifications to help those who may.

2 weeks on, 2 weeks off. Are you saying you work 12 hour days for 14 days straight, then get 14 days off?

That's $42,000/year @ 2,184 hours = $19.23/hour. That doesn't meet the State's salary minimum requirement for exempting OT. That amount went up significantly on Jan 1 to $53,000/year to exempt OT.

Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:25 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you for letting me know. I'll pass this along to everyone I know including the people in HR and my supervisor. Hopefully they can figure this all out as I'm scheduled to start my shift on Wednesday.

Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:22 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bulldog18 wrote:
Looking for either former/retired law enforcement or honorably discharged military members to work armed security in Fife.
2 weeks on and 2 weeks off.
12 hours shifts, Day shift is 5am to 5pm and Night shift is 5pm to 5am.
This is a salary paid position which starts out at $4,395.30 per month.
Full medical/dental/vision and a 401K retirement plan after 6 months of service.
No over-time whatsoever...your two weeks that you are off, it's yours to enjoy, so spend your two weeks with your family/friends or your 4-legged hiking companion.

I'm not going to post my comments on the job offer, because it'll probably get me warned by the mods.
But I am curious if armed security meets the Washington duties test that would allow an employer to work them 84 hours a week without paying overtime. https://lni.wa.gov/workers-rights/_docs ... sional.pdf
I am no expert on employment law, but it sure doesn't seem very likely that they would.

Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
That's $42,000/year...

$4,395.30 x 12 = $52,743.60

Unless I'm missing something

I'm not up on all the ins and outs of what else can count toward the salary threshold

ETA:
https://www.lni.wa.gov/workers-rights/wages/overtime/changes-to-overtime-rules-q-a
Quote:
As of Jan. 1, 2022, businesses in Washington must meet the state salary thresholds because they are more favorable than the federal threshold of $684 a week ($35,568 a year). The state's thresholds in 2022 will be $1,014.30 a week ($52,712.80 a year) for small and large businesses.

Last edited by RocketScott on Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:11 pm

What type of facility, or facilities, does this guard work cover?

What does one need qualifications wise to be a legally armed guard in WA State? Not expecting a 5000 word dissertation from you, but maybe a valid link. (State DOL, maybe?)

Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’m all
For having someone do this in fife. Make sure they hang out over off 54th and protect my shit that keeps getting stolen or vandalized.

Fife is officially the scum of the earth after the last few months I’ve been dealing with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
That's $42,000/year...

$4,395.30 x 12 = $52,743.60

Unless I'm missing something

I'm not up on all the ins and outs of what else can count toward the salary threshold

ETA:
https://www.lni.wa.gov/workers-rights/wages/overtime/changes-to-overtime-rules-q-a
Quote:
As of Jan. 1, 2022, businesses in Washington must meet the state salary thresholds because they are more favorable than the federal threshold of $684 a week ($35,568 a year). The state's thresholds in 2022 will be $1,014.30 a week ($52,712.80 a year) for small and large businesses.
They're originally offering $3000/mo to start, with a raise to $3500.

Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wish we had security here at AMR on 51st off 20th.
We've had $10k worth of medical to equipment stolen out of the rigs, multiple catalytic converters cut out, hard mounted radios hacked out, dozen of employees personal cars broken into and it isn't slowing down

Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:06 am

waglocker wrote:
What type of facility, or facilities, does this guard work cover?

What does one need qualifications wise to be a legally armed guard in WA State? Not expecting a 5000 word dissertation from you, but maybe a valid link. (State DOL, maybe?)

It's rather easy. You get employed by a security, armored truck company or what not and take the state shoot with the gun you will carry. Some companies will issue your gun and some let you carry a personally owned weapon as long as it meets the states requirements. Once your guard card is approved then you can carry at work

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:20 am

while I cannot comment about the specific job, I can say that I endorse the OP as a good guy, who I have shot with quite a few times.

Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

90% of security guards will not meet the duties test for the exemption from OT even if they were paid on a truly compliant salary basis.

Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:14 pm

What happened with this? I'm wondering if this could be a decent alternative to having to go back to my driving school and do CDL refresher training.

Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]