Switch to full style
Post here if you are in need of a specific service, or have a job opening to advertise.
Post a reply

Re: Need Car Windows Tinted

Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:34 am

All this talk about application, I want mine taken off

Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:39 am

Good point.
Friends daughter in Kent (of course) put a dark tint over factory tint and got a pretty big ticket for it, had to take it off, and have it measured again to get her tabs reinstated.
She was really pissed about it.

OhShoot! wrote:Adding 30% window tint to an already factory tinted window will yield about 24%, which is the legal limit for front windows. The Foss Groupon deal looks amazing and is about $200 off including tax savings. A steal. Not all films are created equally either. Some will block more heat than others too, but will cost a little bit more.

edit: The Foss Groupon deal is for their low end film. The ceramic heat reduction film would run $300 for my seven windows to be done.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:50 am

Guntrader wrote:Good point.
Friends daughter in Kent (of course) put a dark tint over factory tint and got a pretty big ticket for it, had to take it off, and have it measured again to get her tabs reinstated.
She was really pissed about it.

OhShoot! wrote:Adding 30% window tint to an already factory tinted window will yield about 24%, which is the legal limit for front windows. The Foss Groupon deal looks amazing and is about $200 off including tax savings. A steal. Not all films are created equally either. Some will block more heat than others too, but will cost a little bit more.

edit: The Foss Groupon deal is for their low end film. The ceramic heat reduction film would run $300 for my seven windows to be done.

This happened to me 20 years ago. That was when the Law said 35% tint up front. The officer pulled out a little machine that he put over the window to measure the tint.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:57 pm

L_O_G wrote:
viperjody wrote:Cannot say enough about these guys in Auburn. Mino is the owner!

https://dealerxpresswindowtinting.com/

:plusone:

They tinted our fleet cars at work, and also did both my personal cars. Every time I have been there they have been completely swamped with customers. After my first time going and seeing the quality, I knew why.

Necro-Thread Alert!!! :zombie:

Big thanks for the Dealer Express Window Tinting recommendation!

Thanks to L_O_G for additional info, and thanks to MadPick for helping me locate the thread as my search-fu sucks...

Wife is very happy :thumbsup2:

High end ceramic isn’t cheap, but great quality & warranty.

Now I just need to find her some car seat covers that will be cooler in the summer...
Last edited by NWGunner on Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:08 pm

NWGunner wrote:Now I just need to find her some car seats that will be cooler in the summer...

You shouldn’t leave your wife in a car seat unattended in the summer. It’s against the law.

Lol

Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:13 pm

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Nailed! :bigsmile:

I meant to say ‘car seat covers :wink05:

Thanks for making me clarify my stupidity :cheers2:
Post a reply