Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:05 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Residential vinyl windows? 

For some reason, the previous owner of my home only upgraded 95% of the windows with the nice modern vinyl style. I need three new windows to finish off the house.

Anyone have a recommendation or experience with a company that would service Graham? I got a phone quote today from Express Window Service in Tacoma. Seemed high but I really have no base for this complaint. They seem to have good online reviews.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

pm sent

Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey Chris, send me the info too please. I'm in the same boat as fullcaliber.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sloppy thirds? :bonghit:

I have 1 small window that i need replaced as well

Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

4th......
But I'm not needing the sloppy leftovers, just good window, large one, to install myself.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ok ladies and gents...

I went with my neighbor drew boston give him a holler "above grade construction" he did 8 of mine early NOV.
he'll give you a free quote. 253-651-9518

I went with http://lindsaywindows.com/ life time warranty, custom what not

might mention my name just down the hill from him he'll probably give you a deal.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I stick to new construction, but I can get pricing on windows through my supplier if anyone needs it.

They mostly sell Milgard and Plygem but I'm sure can get just about anything.

Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:58 am

Express Window Service is coming out to my house on Friday to do a detailed measure and estimate. I'll keep everyone posted since there are so many of us.

Thanks CMICA for the referral. If Express doesn't work out, I'll reach out to Drew.

On a side note, I called Puget Sound Window and Door... they promised an installer would call right back, but two days later nothing. I hate that shit.

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a contact at Puget Sound window and door. I'll give him a call if you like, not sure if he works with homeowners or just builders.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

oh ya FullCaliber and others contact your elec. company they may still have the rebate thing going.

they will send someone out to look at your old window. once your new ones are in you can get a rebate, got back$ 600 on mine.

Drew will get any window you want not just lindsay.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:56 pm

Update for those who care :bigsmile:

Express Window Service tech came out this morning, even showed up a few minutes early. He took photos and some measurements, since I had only provided general measurements for the earlier phone quote. They e-mailed me an estimate a few hours later for the three new windows, installation, and disposal of old windows. I hired them for the job and hopefully I'll have new windows installed sometime in March. They ain't cheap! The windows will be Milgard... bathroom windows will be privacy-glass horizontal sliders and the garage window will just be a non-opening picture window. So far I've been impressed with the employees and communication from this business. My sliding glass door is on its last leg, so if the remainder of this job goes well, I'm sure they'll be back for that too. I plan on being in this house for a long time, so I'm OK with paying for quality work and materials.

For those of you who posted you're looking at a similar project, I know you'll want to know this: The bathroom windows are 24" x 36", garage window 36" x 42". The written estimate does not break down each window cost, each installation cost, etc. in detail but rather rolls them together and lists one price per "window". My project came in at just under $600 per window.

Also, to be fair with the update, Puget Sound Window and Door finally called me back this morning (four days, hmmm). They did offer to e-mail an estimate based on my provided dimensions but the tech was able to give me a rough verbal quote which was very close to Express Window Service price. I did ask for an e-mail with a firm estimate but I didn't receive it by the time I got my final estimate from Express. I've been happy with Express, decided to go with them, so I called PSWD and cancelled their estimate.

If I remember I'll post a review or update once the windows are installed :thumbsup2:

Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have All Star Window and door coming out next month do install a few doors and a window.

In a similar boat to most of you guys, I didn't have a huge project and it was tough to get someone to call me back. Got a great referral from All Star and so far they've been awesome. Very responsive, always on time or 5 mins early and send an email when they say they will. I'll update when the install is complete, but thus far they get a solid thumbs up from me.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]