Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:41 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Looking for a Home Inspector/Well Inspector in Marysville 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Need a referral for a good home inspector and well inspector for the home we are purchasing in Marysville? You all know anyone good?

Thank you!

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Question about the home inspector: Is this to satisfy the loan company or something to ensure your own peace of mind?

The reason I ask is that home inspectors tend to be "yes" men (or women) for the loan companies. If you are really looking for potential problems on your own, then maybe you could ask a competent General Contractor you might know to give everything a look-see (not me, although I'd be happy to help - free even.)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mike stay the fuck away from The Brick kicker. we had them inspect our place and we would have been better off having Ray Charles inspect our place. Just a couple months after buying our place we had to replace the entire roof plywood and all. The roofers said they do not know how the guy could have missed how bad it was. he also missed a leak under the house. From my understanding anyone who wants to can be an inspector for them.

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We just used the services of ‘JB Home Inspections,’ I think he’s out of Woodenville, nice guy, VERY thorough. Our situation got all F’d when the house didn’t appraise, blah blah, but the inspection was awesome, I have an entire study on the house I use for reference.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I didn't have the well looked at on mine. Read the county water tests which were strictly nitrates/nitrites etc. Moved in and found out the water softener didn't work at all and the iron content was through the fucking roof. Unfiltered tap water taste like my tongue is bleeding. Rust stains in the tubs and toilets etc. Spent $700 today on a water softener and filter system. I'll be doing the install myself.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:32 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Is the well shared? If so, make sure you look at the well agreement.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:12 am
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Massivedesign wrote:
Is the well shared? If so, make sure you look at the well agreement.

The well only serves this property

Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:31 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Rod79 wrote:
We just used the services of ‘JB Home Inspections,’ I think he’s out of Woodenville, nice guy, VERY thorough. Our situation got all F’d when the house didn’t appraise, blah blah, but the inspection was awesome, I have an entire study on the house I use for reference.

Thank you so much for this recommendation! We had Jacob up to inspect the house today. I'd highly recommend JB Home Inspections to anyone buying a home! He was incredibly thorough, friendly, and patient in explaining everything. To illustrate how thorough he was, my first home inspection cost $500 and was just over an hour. This inspection was $400 and he spent over 3 hours going over the home. Really great experience!

This is the guy you want inspecting your home! https://www.yelp.com/biz/jb-home-inspec ... oodinville

He also referred us to a well inspector who showed up within an hour of us calling and was very friendly and professional.

Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Buying in Marysville? Sounds like I might have another WaGuns neighbor. :thumbsup2:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
Buying in Marysville? Sounds like I might have another WaGuns neighbor. :thumbsup2:

Yeah, when's the housewarming party? :party:

I can't cook so I'll bring beer. Lots and lots of beer.

Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mislabeled wrote:
deadshot2 wrote:

In!!

Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

lionhrt wrote:
Mike stay the fuck away from The Brick kicker. we had them inspect our place and we would have been better off having Ray Charles inspect our place. Just a couple months after buying our place we had to replace the entire roof plywood and all. The roofers said they do not know how the guy could have missed how bad it was. he also missed a leak under the house. From my understanding anyone who wants to can be an inspector for them.

I respect your viewpoint and am sorry you had a bad experience with them.

In fairness, I had a different experience when a Brick-Kicker inspector did a pre-buy on the home we bought in Lynden a little more than a year ago.

The inspector was here about 4 hours and found several issues that were well documented in a very professional report. We used this information to negotiate several thousand off the house price.
Now, a year later, no issues not found in the inspection have come to light.

Each inspector operates on their own experience and capability. It may not be fair to condemn the full organization on one bad experience.

Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:45 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Chains wrote:
mislabeled wrote:
deadshot2 wrote:

In!!

It's the day we move in! Bring your gloves and prepare to carry some boxes in! You're all welcome to come help me carry my entire life into a new house! :party:

Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]