Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:24 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Need granite cut (in place) 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Our kitchen cabinets/counters have all been removed while our home gets put back together from the indoor flood last month and in the process I would like to replace the appliances. The only problem I have is that the hole in the granite countertop is .25 inch too small on one side for any of the newer cooktops. Does anyone know someone who will enlarge the hole without having to remove the entire countertop? I've read that it can be done, I just need to find someone to do it. I appreciate any constructive advice. Thanks!

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We had a granite slab that we cut to accommodate a new backsplash. He removed the section of granite from the wall, cut the slab, and remounted the new smaller slab. However, I contractor handled it. The one thing is - we had to wait almost two months to get on his schedule. The job took less than a full day.

I'd call a couple of the local granite shops and see if they have a contractor list.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You can do it yourself if you are so inclined with a skil saw and a granite blade. The only downside is you should use water to keep from heating up the rock and to keep the dust down. I was able to buy the leftover from my kitchen and used them in my Laundry room. I cut the hole out for a sink with a worm drive skil and a lite drizzle from a garden hose. When it came to the corners I used a porcelain tile blade in my jig saw. Worked great. You could use one of your dental drills but it might take a while. :bigsmile: I do believe there are special tools to do this. Our counter tops were installed by a company in your area called, Contour Countertops. They were awesome to deal with and sold me the remnants for a steal.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Conto ... 22.2958063

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

41/2 angle grinder with $10 granite blade and a wet sponge will get the job done quick.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Archer-USA- ... TwodHfYEzg
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Makita-6-Am ... TwodK_cE2Q
Cutting is easy polishing the edge takes a little more time.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]