Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Need transmission service near Edmonds 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I drove my wife's 2011 Ford Fusion SEL for the first time in a while yesterday, and I heard/felt something slam as I began accelerating from a stop. If felt like the transmission was really struggling to get into gear. I turned to her and asked if that had happened before, and she said yes. :facepalm2:

Another thing I noticed is that when the car was cold, it didn't shift smoothly. I checked the transmission fluid and it was full but looked a little burnt, so I'm going to get that changed. Still, I don't remember it shifting like this when I bought it a couple years ago. The performance of the transmission has definitely gone down hill, and I don't dare speculate why...

Anyway, I've taken her car to the Harris Ford service center in Lynnwood before for some factory warranty work, but I'm in no hurry to go back to that place...what a shit-show.

Anyone up here in the north end have a recommendation for a good place to do both the diagnostic & fluid change?

I'm not experienced with working on cars and would like to deal with this ASAP - I just noticed the extended warranty on this car is up in exactly 1 month, so I need to get my money's worth. :bigsmile:

Good suggestions appreciated. :cheers2:

Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]