Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:57 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Porcelain tile and shower install needed 

Looking to have a shower installed and tile work done to complete the project.

We were going to do it ourselves, but figured we'd get some idea of what paying someone to do it would be. All demo has been done, plumbing done, walls will be sheetrocked and hardiboard on floors will be already done. Anyone do this for a living or had similar work recently done? Even knowing the going rate for tile install per square foot would help. Shower would have to be built, I.e. membrane system and shower pan.

Thanks for any leads.

Tony

Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:21 pm
    In Memoriam
    In Memoriam

I have a buddy who works as a bathroom tiling contractor nights and weekends (mechanic is his dayjob).. Did a lot of work for my brothers company, he does very good work from what I've seen. Want me to give him your number?
    He's on 40th in Seattle, not sure how busy he is.

Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:51 pm

Sure, I can PM you my number. I checked online for going rates, one site said $6-8 a foot for our area, Angies list went up to a high of just under $10. I have 2 bids, one was absolutely ridonkculous (but did include them doing all work including demo and materials), the other came out to $11 something bucks a foot (if I did my math right.) The shower alone was bid at $3400, with me supplying materials and demo on top of that. Seems a tad high compared to what the web says.

I was going to do it myself, and still may, but since the bids I have are so far apart, I think I need some more just to get a better handle on it. It may be worth it to me to just pay someone for the finish shower and tile work. My biggest fear is the shower leaking, piece of mind to have a pro do it, but don't want to overpay obviously. I have guns and ammo to buy :bigsmile:

Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:44 pm
    Site Supporter
    Site Supporter

I have a contractor friend in Issaquah that does tile. He helped me with my kitchen back splash. I do framing for him when he runs into something structural

I also have an account with contract furnishings mart. You're welcome to buy what you need on my account if it helps with pricing

Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:45 pm

PM's replied to. Thanks for the referrals, would like a couple more if possible. I could grab a phone book, but I'd rather look at someone folks here know do good work.

Tony

Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:11 pm
    Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]