Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 1:40 am

Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms McCallen Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10589 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 659, 660, 661, 662, 663, 664, 665 ... 706  Next
 What did you do today in the world of firearms? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shot M1 Garand today with Duke EB...at Tacoma Sportsman Club.

First couple shots with Irons at 100 yds were pretty good....then I started trying to hit the bullseye...who knows where those went.

Frikken Earl kills it with that/those Rifle/s.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

JohnMBrowning wrote:
WOW - its really soft - my butthole is so happy!

Pablo wrote:
Keep YOUR bulge in the drywall to yourself then.

Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:10 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

1) Got a nice package in the mail. Here it is sandwiched between two Walkers for comparison:

It's an Armi San Marco replica of a Colt Dragoon. The revolver is in beautiful condition, which is more than I can say for that towel . . . .

2) I loaded 200 rounds of 9mm. Gotta feed the beasts.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Installed some sights and messed with optic.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Renewed my American Suppressor Association membership this morning. Cans Not Bans!!!

Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:39 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

GeekWithGuns wrote:
Renewed my American Suppressor Association membership this morning. Cans Not Bans!!!

thumbsup

Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:19 am

Loaded 100 rounds of Speet GD 124 gr.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Love your gun rights?
Love your Constitution?
Want to preserve our way of life?
Join us!
https://www.thethreepercenters.org/about-us

Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:14 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

I was gifted a Remington 870 Express Magnum in 12ga.
The "gun" came with a barrel, receiver and 2 bags full of parts.

The previous owner said that it stop functioning and when he took it apart, he lost some of the pieces.

To make a long story shorter......I inventoried all the parts and it turns out it was only missing the 2 trigger retaining pins. I just happen to have had those parts laying around in a misc. parts bin.

I cleaned up all of the trigger group parts (they were all gunked up)

I reassembled the trigger group, cleaned up the receiver, oiled everything up and reassembled.....

Low and behold it functions perfectly.
Apparently the "malfunction was simply the result of non-existent cleaning and maintenance.

At some point, it will require some refinishing as there was some surface rust on the barrel from sitting out in the garage for years. But for now it is a perfectly functional Express Magnum.

All in all..... A fun little project.

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nitro_Guns wrote:

The previous owner said that it stop functioning and when he took it apart, he lost some of the pieces.

To make a long story shorter......I inventoried all the parts and it turns out it was only missing the 2 trigger retaining pins. I just happen to have had those parts laying around in a misc. parts bin.

I reassembled the trigger group, cleaned up the receiver, oiled everything up and reassembled.....

Apparently the "malfunction was simply the result of non-existent cleaning and maintenance.

At some point, it will require some refinishing as there was some surface rust on the barrel from sitting out in the garage for years. But for now it is a perfectly functional Express Magnum.

My smith calls this "malfunction induced behind buttplate".

Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:07 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

MadPick wrote:

Here's my hack job on the end plate . . . and yes I cold-blued it too:

Oh did ya? I could’ve sworn you said there’s no problem with leaving exposed metal. Nitride treatment ehem hem hem....

Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:10 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sinus211 wrote:
MadPick wrote:

Here's my hack job on the end plate . . . and yes I cold-blued it too:

Oh did ya? I could’ve sworn you said there’s no problem with leaving exposed metal. Nitride treatment ehem hem hem....

I think you may be confusing me with another of your stalkees.... :bonghit:

Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

quantsuff wrote:
Nitro_Guns wrote:

"Operator headspace issue"

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:04 am

jdhbulseye wrote:
quantsuff wrote:
Nitro_Guns wrote:

"Operator headspace issue"

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Spot on in both cases....

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I replaced the batteries in my brother's S&W Bodyguard 380 laser.....I have the tools if anyone needs this done in the future

I also started on another 10/22 stock project, two of them actually.....

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:48 pm
Profile WWW

Installed a recoil lug (Little Crow Gunworks) on 10/22 and bedded the action. Shoots noticeably better.

Groups went from quarter sized to dime sized at 50 yds.

Suppressor got my mags super dirty and clogged so took them apart and cleaned them up nice.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:17 pm

Time at the press, loaded another 125 rounds of 62gr .223, thanks to sages reloading supply!

Love your gun rights?
Love your Constitution?
Want to preserve our way of life?
Join us!
https://www.thethreepercenters.org/about-us

Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10589 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 659, 660, 661, 662, 663, 664, 665 ... 706  Next