Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:55 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 How to pick and where to get the perfect iwb/owb holsters 

Need help finding holsters for my glock 48 mos with holosun optic and for a p365 with trl6 or surefire XSC any info would be helpful

Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Timber61216 wrote:
Need help finding holsters for my glock 48 mos with holosun optic and for a p365 with trl6 or surefire XSC any info would be helpful

I've had two holsters in a row from Tier 1 Concealed that I've been really happy with. One for a Glock 19 /w TLR-1 and RMR, and the next, my current EDC, for a VP9 similarly equipped. Both are Axis Slim models, for appendix carry.

Got another holster made by Nightingale for a USPc9/40, a Peregrine IWB holster. Solid piece of work, but be ready for an NFA-level wait time.

Haven't used them yet, but Multiholster has about every gun/light combo you can think of, including my oddball USP guns with lights mounted using adapters.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:02 am

Timber61216 wrote:

Hi,

I love these guys, check them out: https://legacyfirearmsco.com/shop-by-mo ... -holsters/
Expensive, takes about 2mo to make it. Very customizable. Amazing quality, finish and precision - I've never felt such satisfying click for excellent passive retention... (Just my $.02 (to spend much much more... :) I have one IWB and one on Safariland fork attachment from them.

In winter I carry my Glock in Tier-1 OWB https://www.tier1concealed.com/pages/se ... q=Glock+48 and like it for the similar satisfying click, precision hold, and perfect tight concealed fit.

(Just my $.02 (to spend much much more... :) )

I'm sure the rest of the brothers here will get your more helpful advice...

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan Oct. 27, 1964

Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:25 am

And FWIW one more holster company I was happy with: https://www.daraholsters.com/

I have a midrise holster for open carry of a sidearm on a tactical belt (https://www.leaddevilusa.com/tactical ) with safariland fork and ALS retention system from them - excellent quality and function!

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan Oct. 27, 1964

Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:21 pm

Last holster that I bought came from QVO Tactical. They can get pricey depending on the materials you choose. The wait time is about 8-12 weeks, but I think they have quick ship items for flocks since they’re more in demand. I’m a big fella, and carry appendix feels comfortable for me with their holster. Ymmv.

Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dara is very good. I would also give a shout out to Black Arch holsters in Utah.

Don't sweat buying the perfect holster. Most of us likely have a box of holsters kicking around the garage that we've gradually replaced for better options. Just make a good choice based on your gun and the manufacturers options, wear that holster for awhile. You may eventually upgrade or replace it in favor of a different carry position, comfort, etc.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:22 am

One very important consideration is whether the shooter is a tactical chubby guy (TCG) or tactical skinny dude (TSD). It is most acute for appendix carry but that doesn't seem to be what you are asking about. As a TCG guy, I've found that holsters that ride higher above my waist work better for me for IWB, 3'oclock carry.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:41 pm

https://www.fdoindustries.com

I'm a fan of FDO holsters. I carry a 19MOS w/TLR7. Their lead times are super short. I had my holster in about a week. They also sell ready made holsters on Amazon if that's your thing.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]