Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:43 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 9th Circuit Court just ruled NO Right to carry 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
I don’t need anyone nor a stinking judge to tell me what I can and cannot do in my country, this is America. They are paid shills as far as I’m concerned, just like politicians, they are corrupt to the core!!! :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:49 pm

Caveman Jim wrote:
I don’t need anyone nor a stinking judge to tell me what I can and cannot do in my country, this is America. They are paid shills as far as I’m concerned, just like politicians, they are corrupt to the core!!! :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Maybe so, but if these laws, rulings, and policies are allowed to stand it will inexorably result in a world you won't like living in.

I made another donation to SAF, this needs to be taken to the SC and overturned.

I grew up in Canada, where I was a gun owner, before immigrating to the US. I saw lots of people say that they would just ignore the stupid laws they saw being passed. I feel now like I'm watching a rerun of the same movie.

Roll forward twenty years. Those same people have registered their AR15's, which they are now preparing to have confiscated.

Lots of tough talkers suddenly decide to comply when they are faced with arrest, or they agree to everything when they plead down to a lesser charge after they are arrested. At that point being right that the law is clearly unethical isn't much comfort.

We actually need to stop this.

Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

martin248 wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:

Maybe so, but if these laws, rulings, and policies are allowed to stand it will inexorably result in a world you won't like living in.

I made another donation to SAF, this needs to be taken to the SC and overturned.

I grew up in Canada, where I was a gun owner, before immigrating to the US. I saw lots of people say that they would just ignore the stupid laws they saw being passed. I feel now like I'm watching a rerun of the same movie.

Roll forward twenty years. Those same people have registered their AR15's, which they are now preparing to have confiscated.

Lots of tough talkers suddenly decide to comply when they are faced with arrest, or they agree to everything when they plead down to a lesser charge after they are arrested. At that point being right that the law is clearly unethical isn't much comfort.

We actually need to stop this.

and.. Like I've said...

It all comes down to whether or not you have the right to use force to defend your rights.

Gov't doesn't have a monopoly on violence.

ALL laws are upheld under the threat of violence, so too then, should the Constitution, as it's the supreme law of the land.

'We can risk killing you by forcing your vehicle off the road, if you don't stop when we pull you over if you're driving 61 MPH in a 60, but if we kick down your door, or try to kidnap you, you can't resist us' isn't something that bodes well for a 'free' country.

Absolutely 110% cops, politicians, etc SHOULD BE afraid of the people.

We've gone far too long without a reminder that WE run this shit, not them.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:03 pm

Saw lots of tough guy talk in Canada back in the day too. Wonder where those people are now?

Lots of those tough guys didn't do anything to stop or overturn the bad laws. They just said, hey, I won't follow this law. Some really didn't follow the law.

But their kids did, and enough people did that the holdouts were irrelevant. 20-30 years later the law becomes normal.

We HAVE to influence the laws and the courts, the ostrich approach didn't work.

Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:29 pm

martin248 wrote:
Saw lots of tough guy talk in Canada back in the day too. Wonder where those people are now?

Lots of those tough guys didn't do anything to stop or overturn the bad laws. They just said, hey, I won't follow this law. Some really didn't follow the law.

But their kids did, and enough people did that the holdouts were irrelevant. 20-30 years later the law becomes normal.

Canadians are NOT USA folks. Canada went Loyalyist

Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:49 pm

DrNoWay wrote:
martin248 wrote:

Lots of those tough guys didn't do anything to stop or overturn the bad laws. They just said, hey, I won't follow this law. Some really didn't follow the law and the enforcement of those laws becomes real and compliance eventually become I real as well

Obviously. But the point is that pretending laws haven't been passed does not result in them going away. They end up being the law.

These things need to be prevented, quashed, or repealed. The "I don't care about the law" schtick ends up being excuse for being passive and standing by doing nothing while rights are eroded.

You need to act. I need to act. We all need to.

Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/04/ruling ... d-20588801

"...But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.”

At some point, something’s gotta give. As long as a critical mass of gun owners are committed to not just proclaiming, but meaning “WE WILL NOT DISARM,” those who won’t stop pushing are setting themselves up to find out just how serious of a pledge that is."

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The fact that Bybee's 26 year old son blew his brains out at the family church, less than 10 years ago, is pertinent. His participation as a Senior judge on this panel was inappropriate. He's human, and such a tragic event is going to shape his opinion. Without impartiality, the balance of law vs individual rights will never result in justice.

I'm no lawyer, and I don't claim to really understand any of this shit. I can feel pity, and recognize misguided overcompensation though.

Using his "opinion" of constitutional law to force his personal bias down the collective throats of the general public. Pity turns quickly to disgust when you recognize that Tyrants are made from the best of intentions.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Circuit Judge Cynthia Holcomb Hall, a Reagan appointee, added this footnote to her 1996 opinion:

“Moreover, even if we determined that Hickman had standing to sue for violation of the Second Amendment, his suit would nevertheless fail because the Second Amendment is not incorporated into the Bill of Rights."

:shocked4:

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
"Circuit Judge Cynthia Holcomb Hall, a Reagan appointee, added this footnote to her 1996 opinion:

“Moreover, even if we determined that Hickman had standing to sue for violation of the Second Amendment, his suit would nevertheless fail because the Second Amendment is not incorporated into the Bill of Rights."

:shocked4:

That's a misstatement, but at the time, it was correct that 2A wasn't incorporated, ie it had no bearing on the states, only on FedGov. Much like, at one time, it was argued that 1A didn't apply to the states, only to FedGov.

That has since changed. See Mcdonald V. Chicago.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So what is the soonest this can go before the supreme court?

Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:30 am

martin248 wrote:
DrNoWay wrote:
martin248 wrote:

Lots of those tough guys didn't do anything to stop or overturn the bad laws. They just said, hey, I won't follow this law. Some really didn't follow the law and the enforcement of those laws becomes real and compliance eventually become I real as well

Obviously. But the point is that pretending laws haven't been passed does not result in them going away. They end up being the law.

These things need to be prevented, quashed, or repealed. The "I don't care about the law" schtick ends up being excuse for being passive and standing by doing nothing while rights are eroded.

You need to act. I need to act. We all need to.

From what I've read Caveman Jim has done more than most on this board. There comes a time when the law needs to be broken, since it is unconstitutional and tyrannical. What ensues is well documented in the founding of this nation. It won't be passive at all

Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2