Site Supporter
Site Supporter

But at twice+ pre-covid prices.

Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

vic_b wrote:

Just in time for nationwide riots, looting, and whatever else.

Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

vic_b wrote:

Seems more likely they're still not producing enough, but instead that with the higher prices less people are buying.

Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

scrid2000 wrote:
vic_b wrote:

Seems more likely they're still not producing enough, but instead that with the higher prices less people are buying.

I’m thinking it’s going to be playing catch-up till the next panic.

Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Still cheaper than reloading.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:16 pm

I loaded 50 CNC machined Fort Scotts for less money then one would pay for the cheepest 9mm brass cased anywhere.

Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I read that Remington is now back to full production after Vista bought the ammo division. That should put a bunch of ammo back into the market.

Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:08 pm

Wacarry wrote:
I read that Remington is now back to full production after Vista bought the ammo division. That should put a bunch of ammo back into the market.

Remington ammo has long been sub par and of low quality

Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’ve never had an issue with it. Taken many deer with Remington.

I’m not too worried about quality when I shoot 300 rounds of 9mm on a given outing. If it rings the steel then I’m happy.

Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With all the talk of new anti-2A legislation, any reprieve we get will be short-lived, IMO.

DrNoWay wrote:
Wacarry wrote:

Remington ammo has long been sub par and of low quality

I agree - I won't touch it with a 10-foot pole. Their rimfire ammo is THE WORST.

Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wacarry wrote:
I’ve never had an issue with it. Taken many deer with Remington.

I’m not too worried about quality when I shoot 300 rounds of 9mm on a given outing. If it rings the steel then I’m happy.
Most of the rifle is good to excellent. Handgun seems generally ok. Rimfire is crap
Probably more like define which. The rem core lokt rifle is excellent hunting ammo.
Their sd leave a bit to be desired compared to the likes of hst, gold dot, and ftx.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:35 pm
Profile WWW

I am somewhat puzzled by the "sub par", "low quality", and "10 foot pole" sentiments, myself. At one time I owned 3 Argentine Sistema 1911s, lived in Idaho, and shot the hell out of all three. Pretty much all I fed them was yellow box Remington/UMC and never had a hint of a problem. Re-loaded and shot said cases multiple times, no problems. Now pretty much all I do is trap shooting, and Remington Gun Clubs are by far my cheap shell of choice. I used to hit Dick's religiously every time they had Gun Clubs on sale, which was actually pretty often. Anyway, I'll wish them luck and hope to see a tsunami of Remington, Peters, and UMC ammo hit the shelves someday.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:44 pm

esbshaw wrote:
I am somewhat puzzled by the "sub par", "low quality", and "10 foot pole" sentiments, myself. At one time I owned 3 Argentine Sistema 1911s, lived in Idaho, and shot the hell out of all three. Pretty much all I fed them was yellow box Remington/UMC and never had a hint of a problem. Re-loaded and shot said cases multiple times, no problems. Now pretty much all I do is trap shooting, and Remington Gun Clubs are by far my cheap shell of choice. I used to hit Dick's religiously every time they had Gun Clubs on sale, which was actually pretty often. Anyway, I'll wish them luck and hope to see a tsunami of Remington, Peters, and UMC ammo hit the shelves someday.

It's a relatively recent thing.. their 22 has always been sub par but recently (last 10 years or so) their pistol ammo has deteriorated. Their defensive pistol ammo has never been up to par compared to other brands

Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was shooting Rem Golden Bullets when I received the powder burn. The setup has fired 1k+ (CCI and Winchester 22lr) without incident. One point is not a trend but its an anecdote.

I've seen 7.62x39 start to creep down in price as well as 5.56. Cheap 12 ga is impossible to find though, I am still worried about an executive order banning import ammo.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:23 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

DrNoWay wrote:
Their defensive pistol ammo has never been up to par compared to other brands

Golden Sabre has never been up to par compared to other brands?

Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next