Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:54 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 769, 770, 771, 772, 773, 774, 775 ... 878  Next
 What did you do today in the world of firearms? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: no longer in a van down by the river (... at least anywhere near South King County)
usrifle wrote:
MadPick wrote:
DM47 wrote:
I think a lot of the ammo I used might be defective since some didn't seem to have BBs in them.... icon_eek :bigsmile:

Lot # and mfg date? I think I have some of that.

Yeah, i have run into a couple batches that didn't have shot in them too. :bigsmile:

Sure hope that wasn't a "batch" that some guy brought by, oh, a while back.

:peep:

:bigsmile:

Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tombrewster421 wrote:
I took my niece shooting for the first time. Started off nice and easy with safety instructions and the 10/22. Then she tried a .22 single action revolver. I think her favorite was the mini 14. Then she went with the .45 colt Vaquero. Then one round from my 6.5 creedmoor hunting rifle.

Didn’t bring out all my guns and limited the choices because I didn’t want to clean all of them. Bonus is that it left her wanting more. Image

Outstanding!!! Awesome feelings for their first time shooting gunz. :thumbsup2: .

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:29 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Decided to do a FULL inventory of my Dealer Guns.
It is amazing what you find when you open every box and physically touch each one.

I get so used to simply seeing numbers that you forget that some of this stuff is pretty damn cool.

My 2 favorite "discoveries" were a S&W 25-3 125th Anniversary Model in 45 LC. It has all of the stuff included in the presentation case.

The 2nd one was a S&W 34-1 snub nose in 22lr. Not one you see everyday....

And yes.....all items are present and accounted for..... :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Mon May 03, 2021 3:34 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nitro_Guns wrote:

Sir, please note the title of the thread. It is what you did "today," not "what took me two fucking months to complete."

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon May 03, 2021 4:15 pm

MadPick wrote:
Nitro_Guns wrote:

Sir, please note the title of the thread. It is what you did "today," not "what took me two fucking months to complete."

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Mon May 03, 2021 4:22 pm
FFL / Dealer

Set up my Lee APP press with case feeder and funnel after some tweaking ran all my 9mm( 3/4 of a 5 gallon bucket) and all my 300 bo (bout 300 rnds) open box, set up and ran less than 3 hours total time.

Mon May 03, 2021 9:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The509busman wrote:
Set up my Lee APP press with case feeder and funnel after some tweaking ran all my 9mm( 3/4 of a 5 gallon bucket) and all my 300 bo (bout 300 rnds) open box, set up and ran less than 3 hours total time.
I need to check out your setup. Mine does NOT run smoothly with dirty brass. Binds up before 1k. Gotta stop and clean it.

Tue May 04, 2021 4:26 pm
FFL / Dealer

You know where I am at LOL. It takes some tinkering one tip from arfcom made a big difference was a metal coat hanger inside the spring helps give rigitity to the case feeder spring.( 3.75 inches long )

Tue May 04, 2021 6:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Coat hangers huh. Thought we already had a contraceptives thread lol.

Seriously though, a stiffener (the jokes just keep coming) in the spring sounds like just the trick.

Tue May 04, 2021 10:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Purchased a bunch of gun parts.

Trijicon RMR for my Glock 45 MOS. Also picked up an action sports competition holster rig from Dara holsters.

Magpul hunter stock, Tactical Solutions barrel, Leupold Freedom rimfire scope, couple Ruger BX-25 magazines, and some assorted parts for my 10/22 which is currently in sad shape. Should be a pretty nice shooter once everything comes together.

Now if Tikka would ever bring the T1X left hand in 22LR to market in the US will plan to pick one up for rimfire rifle silhouette matches.

Wed May 05, 2021 6:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:

Trijicon RMR for my Glock 45 MOS. Also picked up an action sports competition holster rig from Dara holsters.

Which model RMR did you settle on?

I just recently discovered the Dara competition holsters and am excited to pick one out and get my hands on it.

Wed May 05, 2021 6:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:

I just recently discovered the Dara competition holsters and am excited to pick one out and get my hands on it.

Hi G4L picked up the RMR Type 2 with 6.5 MOA dot (RM07-C-700679)
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019256383?pid=608384

Really picturing this gun for SCSA/USPSA and range fun so I went with the bigger dot for closer shooting and quicker target acquisition.

Yeah DARA looks pretty good. They have tons of customizable options for right vs left hand draw, red dot cutouts, suppressor height sights, threaded barrels/exposed vs closed, etc. Their turnaround was really great in my case. Ordered this week on Monday, shipped this morning. Pretty awesome considering I'm a southpaw.

Wed May 05, 2021 6:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:

Really picturing this gun for SCSA/USPSA and range fun so I went with the bigger dot for closer shooting and quicker target acquisition.

I KNEW it was going to be the 6.5 MOA dot version! That seems to be the go-to for competition shooters. I guess the target acquisition aspect makes sense. I used to have a RM04 with 7 MOA amber dot. I didn't care for it - not only did I find the dot too big, but the Dual Illumination worked better on paper than it did in practice. I'm leaning toward the RM06 Type 2 Adjustable LED w/ 3.25 MOA red dot, but just haven't brought myself to pay almost $500 for a pistol red dot quite yet.
GeekWithGuns wrote:
Yeah DARA looks pretty good. They have tons of customizable options for right vs left hand draw, red dot cutouts, suppressor height sights, threaded barrels/exposed vs closed, etc. Their turnaround was really great in my case. Ordered this week on Monday, shipped this morning. Pretty awesome considering I'm a southpaw.

Another wrong-handed person! :bigsmile: I'm pleased to hear the turn-time was good. I've ordered some holsters from G-Code, and they've been pretty quick, too. But one thing they don't offer is a RMR-compatible OWB holster with Level 3 pivot guard retention. My buddy showed me one of his Dara holsters for his FNX-45 Tactical that has all the features I'm looking for, so now I just need to get on there and order something.

Wed May 05, 2021 11:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:

I KNEW it was going to be the 6.5 MOA dot version! That seems to be the go-to for competition shooters. I guess the target acquisition aspect makes sense. I used to have a RM04 with 7 MOA amber dot. I didn't care for it - not only did I find the dot too big, but the Dual Illumination worked better on paper than it did in practice. I'm leaning toward the RM06 Type 2 Adjustable LED w/ 3.25 MOA red dot, but just haven't brought myself to pay almost $500 for a pistol red dot quite yet.
GeekWithGuns wrote:

Another wrong-handed person! :bigsmile: I'm pleased to hear the turn-time was good. I've ordered some holsters from G-Code, and they've been pretty quick, too. But one thing they don't offer is a RMR-compatible OWB holster with Level 3 pivot guard retention. My buddy showed me one of his Dara holsters for his FNX-45 Tactical that has all the features I'm looking for, so now I just need to get on there and order something.

We might be the only ones in our right minds here lol :rofl9:

Yeah it's pretty painful buying a Trijicon though I figure the pain soon fades and hopefully the optic provides years of service ahead due to it's construction and quality. I'm primarily a pistol shooter so it's easier for me to justify the expense. My experience with rifles is pretty limited and currently only have a small number of rimfire rifles.

I do have a 3.25 MOA dot on my FN 509 Tactical so between the two I'll get a good comparison and refine my preference in dot size for sure.

The Dara holster rig should be here by early next week. I can provide some review feedback after it arrives if you're interested. I have a really nice DAA competition rig for my S&W 627 revo which is awesome though it was a lot more expensive than the Dara rig. So I have high hopes.

Wed May 05, 2021 11:19 am

I had the LabRadar out today testing some .30 loads and when I got done with that I thought it might be fun to run some different kinds of 8mm over it. I was surprised by the results. I fired the following through a 29" barrel on a Persian 98/29 Mauser:

15 rounds of 1934 German s.S. ball. This ammo is 87 years old and these results are a tribute to proper storage. Judging by standard deviation, it was the most consistent ammo I fired today. Group could have been better but I was shooting at a 5.5" Shoot-N-C at 100yds with very fine notch and post iron sights. Still had 13 of 15 inside a 4" circle and the other two were for sure me.

15 rounds 1999 Yugo M75 accurized ball ("sniper ammo"). Softer shooting than the s.S. above. Every bit as sooty as reputed. Slightly lower ES than the German. Slightly higher SD. Damn good for surplus anything. Shot a lemon-shaped group 2" x 3". Can't wait to see what it can do when I have glass and am taking my time.

10 rounds 2018 PPU 8mm Match. It was worse than the M75, possibly better than the s.S, definitely softer than both. I was pretty worn out by this string but I feel like there should have shot better than the 87yo s.S. and it didn't.

It will be fun to re-run this experiment with my 8mm hunting rifle and see what these ammunitions can really do.

TL;DR

Properly stored, good ammo lasts a long time. Also Yugo M75 is dirty but shoots like a dream.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed May 05, 2021 9:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 769, 770, 771, 772, 773, 774, 775 ... 878  Next