Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:41 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 "Florida man with cheap shotgun velcro’s his Spanker" 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: no longer in a van down by the river (... at least anywhere near South King County)
Blatant thread subject plagiarism, but I like the humor as well as the shotty content ....

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was not disappointed, thanks for sharing. More or less how my 200$ Mossberg 500 is set up minus flashlight. Puts in work and is fun, that's what I needed it for

Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shotguns are relatively simple firearms, which often means they have a low cost of entry. But be wary of trusting your life to a super-cheap semi-auto, unless you've fully proven its reliability at the range first. I'd rather have a $200 pump that just works all the time than a $250 semi-auto that has occasional hiccups.

Side note: those velcro side saddles are the way to go. I use Esstac shotgun cards, and they rock.

Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This thread needs more Shotgun….

Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post Re:
zombie66 wrote:
This thread needs more Shotgun….

It's like more cowbell, but better

Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On this topic. If so someone wants a 6+1 pump shotgun but not a Mossberg. What does one buy? And if one wants an 870 tactical express or even nighthawk, or custom patterned 870 how does one get one now?

Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bubblewhip wrote:
On this topic. If so someone wants a 6+1 pump shotgun but not a Mossberg. What does one buy? And if one wants an 870 tactical express or even nighthawk, or custom patterned 870 how does one get one now?

1 part Gunbroker, 2 parts money, 3 parts patience = nice tactical Remington 870 12ga, at a price you can live with. I'm a Remington 870 whore, so I watch the market very closely. In the past 3 weeks, the prices have fallen dramatically off the high that they arose to last year/beginning of this year. In fact, they're pretty much back down to where they were this time last year, before things got crazy hot in the guns & ammo market. If you're patient, you'll score one. Matter of fact, I bought this one just today after watching & waiting for the past few weeks: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/906362770

If you want some help finding one, send me a PM with more info and I'll keep an eye out for you.

Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's a Remington 870 Express Tactical 12ga 18.5" 6+1 capacity in good used condition that sold for $375 w/ shipping & tax included (just add FFL transfer): https://www.gunbroker.com/item/906260280

The 870 price hike craze is over...for now.

Back to the OP's video...I can attest to the Black Aces S-MAX being a solid budget semi-auto HD shotgun. If you're in the market for one, you can't really go wrong with it. But being a Remington fanboy, I'm sticking with my 870s and 11-87s for the heavy lifting.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is it time for a Shotgun picture thread???

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:20 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

That was pretty funny! I like James' humor.

And now I wonder if I need a new shotgun . . . .

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

100% agree. i recently bought a KSG i was planning on using for home defense as the first 2 i owned years ago ran perfect. i had 2 fail to load in the first 60 rounds...... it went in the safe and my trusty AR and 226 tacops are now pulling duties in my bedroom. (realize the KSG is not a semi auto but point remains. don't trust your life to anything not 100% proven imo)

Guns4Liberty wrote:
Shotguns are relatively simple firearms, which often means they have a low cost of entry. But be wary of trusting your life to a super-cheap semi-auto, unless you've fully proven its reliability at the range first. I'd rather have a $200 pump that just works all the time than a $250 semi-auto that has occasional hiccups.

Side note: those velcro side saddles are the way to go. I use Esstac shotgun cards, and they rock.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]