Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 805, 806, 807, 808, 809, 810, 811 ... 878  Next
 What did you do today in the world of firearms? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, didn't see the need for an aluminum lower as the quality on the A3 Tactical lower IMHO is better than the factory lower. Trigger pin and safety holes are lined with metal bushings. I will have to weigh the assembled A3 vs stock to see what the weight gain/loss is.

Thu May 05, 2022 3:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Finally got around to replacing the firing pin spring in a Turkish Gewehr 88/05/35 that I purchased a bit ago and some other gun maintenance items.

Sat May 07, 2022 5:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BlDtyLry wrote:
Saw A3 Tactical made a Stribog lower that uses Scorpion Mags so I had to have it. All the parts came in today so here it is assembled.

Nice, have you taken it out yet and do you know if the d-50s will fit? I wanted to get one, but I have zero issues with the curved mags and am currently "mag poor".

Sun May 08, 2022 11:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fixed the trigger reset problem on the PT940 by installing a new trigger spring pack. First time diving into a semi/automatic pistol all the way down to the trigger. :bigsmile:
Function test worked like a charm. :thumbsup2:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Mon May 09, 2022 7:06 am

I know what I will be doing! Just got proceeds on a couple of guns: p322 and an m&p 2.0. Already bought lots of mags thanks to the ban so then I needed to get the guns for the mags. Thanks Jay!

Thu May 12, 2022 3:59 pm

Same thing as we all should be doing at every opportunity: Bought more mags! :)

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Thu May 12, 2022 7:11 pm

Diamondback wrote:
Same thing as we all should be doing at every opportunity: Bought more mags! :)

I thought about what guns I might want one day and bought mags, just in case. Then I thought well, the mags actually cost more than the damn gun (if you buy 10+ like me) so bought the guns too.

Thu May 12, 2022 7:25 pm

I'm on a skosh tighter budget than y'all... a hundred bucks at a pop is kind of A Big Deal for me to pull off when my *first* job is keeping a bedridden parent's world from falling apart around her and then whatever billable hours I can slide in freelancing around that.

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Thu May 12, 2022 7:27 pm

I got to bring my new m&p 2.0 ported performance center home from gun jail. Even checked to see how the factory 23rd mags fit, which is pretty good just goofy looking compared to say the XDM Elite.

Attachment:
20220519_155330.jpg

Attachment:
20220519_155416.jpg

Attachment:
20220519_155346.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 19, 2022 3:13 pm

Finally got to the range with my p322, SIG's new 22lr with 20 round mags. So much fun, reminds me of plinking with a 10/22 except it's a pistol.

Mine ate everything I fed it (four brands of ammo) BUT it's really finicky about how you load the mag. You can't just hold down the slider and throw in rounds like with a Mark IV, you need to push the rounds in one by one, keeping tension on all the rounds below, or they move around and don't double-stack properly and then you get failures to feed. Is the photo even a stovepipe? It's like it's smoking a live round that popped out. Reused the same ammo that failed and so long as you press the rounds into the mag it feeds fine.

Actually it makes me think a 22lr could be used for self defense: there's almost no recoil so I can put all 20 rounds downrange in a couple seconds making a target that looks like it got hit by two blasts of 00buck. 22lr may be weak but 20 rounds in rapid succession?

Not really with this gun, you can't be sure to get that performance 100% of the time with the finicky mags but it puts the idea in my head.

Anyway lots of fun.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri May 20, 2022 6:59 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dang it, look at that P322 flex! :ROFLMAO:

Still waiting for mine....

I'm happy to hear the mostly-positive review. thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri May 20, 2022 8:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shot about the last of my $.13/rnd 9mm yesterday :crybaby: and cleaned a couple of handguns.

On a good note I saw some .223 for sale at $.47/rnd in an email today. Same email (different article) said .22lr was getting cheepur at Walmart at six and 1/2 cents per rnd. Article showed comparative ammo prices in 1950 dollars and what folks were paying back then would equate to 16.5 cents/rnd. Ouch.

https://www.ammoland.com/2022/05/ammo-p ... L_CAMPAIGN)#axzz7Tvyp4JYr

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat May 21, 2022 6:56 am

Decided to check the trigger on my new m&p pc with my newest tool to see how it was out of the box vs about 50 dry fires.

This was uncleaned straight out of the box.
Attachment:
20220521_123646.jpg

After about 50 dry fires.
Attachment:
20220521_123503.jpg

It will be fun to see how this continues to break in.

Sat May 21, 2022 11:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

chuckisduck wrote:
BlDtyLry wrote:
Saw A3 Tactical made a Stribog lower that uses Scorpion Mags so I had to have it. All the parts came in today so here it is assembled.

Nice, have you taken it out yet and do you know if the d-50s will fit? I wanted to get one, but I have zero issues with the curved mags and am currently "mag poor".

Works great. Running CMC PCC trigger and it's much better. Does not work with Magpul CZ Scorpion drum as the mag is too short and won't seat.

Sat May 21, 2022 6:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I took the 97B to the range for the first time today (well, actually yesterday, but I was too tired afterwards to post :wink05:). The thing is a tack driver, was making single holes at 7 yards no problem. The only thing is that the recoil was heavier than I'd expect from such a chunky gun. My brother was also there with his M&P 45C, and there was a notable difference in felt recoil, and not in the 97's favor.

I might look into getting a Wolf spring for it, possibly a new guide rod. Anybody here have any experience or suggestions?

(P.S. please ignore the bottle cap in the photo, there's definitely no embarrassing flyers hidden under it, I assure you)

Sun May 22, 2022 7:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 805, 806, 807, 808, 809, 810, 811 ... 878  Next