Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:49 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 while purusing forums... 

jukk0u quote:
You see remaining silent as a provocation?

In WA, IIRC, LE's computer will display CPL status anyway, so...
unquote

jukk0u, et al., while you are right in the theme of this thread centers around johnny law affecting a vehicle stop and their dealing with the driver's CC/OC'd SD handgun [not occupants per se!] which got me thinking about your last comment especially since the washington's JQPublic citizen's privilege permits are for the most part attached to their vehicle
so johnny law's vehicle computer shows the stopped citizen status immediately...IF the driver is the registered owner of the vehicle...

further, there are no RCW mandates to notify johnny law that JQPublic citizen is carrying their SD handgun.

that stated, quote:
RCW 9.41.050 Carrying firearms.
(1)(a) Except in the person's place of abode or fixed place of business, a person shall not carry a pistol concealed on his or her person without a license to carry a concealed pistol.

(b) Every licensee shall have his or her concealed pistol license in his or her immediate possession at all times that he or she is required by this section to have a concealed pistol license and shall display the same upon demand to any police officer or to any other person when and if required by law to do so.

blah blah blah...unquote
https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.050

'...or to any other person...' mandated in the RCW is whom?

'...required by law...' no specific law mentioned, which RCW is this?

jukk0u or alpine or ad nauseam...IAW 9.41.050...show me your privilege permits...[standing back a great distance]

Critical thinking involves analysis, evaluation, inference [gathering credible/relevant/logical evidence], and of course reaching a viable and reasonable conclusion while improving one's own thinking regarding the information you have heard, read, as well as you might have witnessed.

Further, please remember Churchill's commentary: "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

as a nation we will overcome the travesty[ies] currently going on within our nation...

Last edited by curiouscuz on Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
curiouscuz wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
The only time I got pulled over after being a gun owner he just said don't touch it, here's your ticket and have a nice day. I will NEVER offer up my gun status unless I'm in a state that requires it or politely asked.
BTW,
WA
OK
are not required states.
Don't ask, don't tell.

hummm...might wish to watch the stones you throw...

You see remaining silent as a provocation?

In WA, IIRC, LE's computer will display CPL status anyway, so...
CPL checks should not run automatically like DOL, WACIC, NCIC, etc. Now if that info is in a department's local database, it would show there in a separate check.

Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ffs: *perusing

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:42 am

jukk0u wrote:
ffs: *perusing

sigh...

QUOTE: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... m=Purusing

Purusing

Browsing an area or looking through something.

Pronounced per-oos-ing.

What are you doing in this isle at the market?" "Oh nothing, just purusing through the snacks.

UNQUOTE

sorry jukk0u, et al., english is my third language
for example:

1st language: to
2nd language: two
3rd language: too

1st: for, 2nd: four; 3rd: fore
1st: their; 2nd: there; 3rd: they're
1st: which; 2nd: winch, 3rd: wench
1st: purusing; 2nd: perusing, 3rd: who cares as you got the point!

:popcorn: :ROFLMAO: :thumbsup2:

Critical thinking involves analysis, evaluation, inference [gathering credible/relevant/logical evidence], and of course reaching a viable and reasonable conclusion while improving one's own thinking regarding the information you have heard, read, as well as you might have witnessed.

Further, please remember Churchill's commentary: "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

as a nation we will overcome the travesty[ies] currently going on within our nation...

Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From Merriam Webster:

"“puruse”
The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above."

Urban dictionary.... no.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/peruse
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dic ... h/perusing
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/di ... ish/peruse
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/peruse

Three languages is impressive; what is your native tongue? And the other language?

The urban "dictionary" and indeed many of its peers have allowed themselves to be more influenced by current usage and therefore function more as lexicons of common current vernacular.

Oxford is probably the best source for unpolluted English definition.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:20 am

jukk0u wrote:
From Merriam Webster:

"“puruse”
The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above."

Urban dictionary.... no.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/peruse
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dic ... h/perusing
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/di ... ish/peruse
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/peruse

Three languages is impressive; what is your native tongue? And the other language?

The urban "dictionary" and indeed many of its peers have allowed themselves to be more influenced by current usage and therefore function more as lexicons of common current vernacular.

Oxford is probably the best source for unpolluted English definition.

clearing my throat...uh, er, hummmm jukk0u, your post stated the 'the word isn't in the dictionary' yet then in your following sentence you acknowledged and cited, "Urban DICTIONARY' therefore, unfortunately the spelling appears to be in a dictionary...

but truth be told jukk0u, would you like some assistance getting the fishhook out since you took the bait & bit -- hook -- line & sinker...

sorry mate, i bloody h3ll mistyped & misspelled the word pure and simple...tho ten days to point it out isn't too bad... :thumbsup2:

cheers

Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

the phrase "isn't in the dictionary" is a quote from meriam webster website. Also duck duck go searches also corrected to 'peruse'.

The Urban dictionary is the Snopes of lexicography.

Maybe correct the the thread title? It took ten days of looking at that eyesore to get me to pop off about it. :bigsmile:

FJB

Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Spell it correctly.

" Perusing "

AKA - aimlessly looking at stuff.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:24 pm

I have been pulled over once for speeding for going 45mph in 40mph zone by Whatcom County Deputy. I turned on my cabin light and map lights in the pickup truck gave him my driver license and insurance card. The deputy went back his car and ran my drivers license. Since Washington State as no duty to inform I did not say anything.

If he had asked I would show him my CPL but he already knew a had a CPL when he ran my drivers license. He gave me a warning about my speed and the let me go without a ticket.

Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2