Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:38 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 How many mags is too many? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkhnm wrote:
Stupid question. Any reason why that follower wouldn't work in a modern 30rd mag? Or did it have to pair with the 20rd spring?

Edit: googled and answered my own question, those are for straight body mags and are designed to tilt. Probably won't work in a modern curved magazine.

I have over a dozen 30rd USGI mags with the green followers and while they were not worn out I did buy refurb kits for them about a decade ago since they were ex-military mags.

I know Midway sells complete 3-pack mag kits for $9.99 but I am not sure if the follower is metal.

Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Apparently the answer to this question is: never enough.

https://komonews.com/news/local/gun-own ... ban-starts

Record purchases before the ban.

"We sold over ten years supply in the past month of magazines that hold over 10 rounds. People say ‘OK, you’re not going to let me buy it in the future? I’m going to buy it now and put it away’.”

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WitchyWoman wrote:
hkhnm wrote:
Stupid question. Any reason why that follower wouldn't work in a modern 30rd mag? Or did it have to pair with the 20rd spring?

Edit: googled and answered my own question, those are for straight body mags and are designed to tilt. Probably won't work in a modern curved magazine.

I have over a dozen 30rd USGI mags with the green followers and while they were not worn out I did buy refurb kits for them about a decade ago since they were ex-military mags.

I know Midway sells complete 3-pack mag kits for $9.99 but I am not sure if the follower is metal.

A dozen? You're kind of light on them. :wink05:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No she isn’t, I don’t have even a single one. : )

usrifle wrote:
WitchyWoman wrote:
hkhnm wrote:

A dozen? You're kind of light on them. :wink05:

Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:59 am

I guess I'm the opposite of this. Yet I bought more but not breaking any sort of records. I don't get to shoot my gun that uses these often but since they were more obtainable in numbers than some of my pistol mags which cost several times what decent 5.56 mag costs. Either way I'm less pressured and if they fail, they fail.

Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3