Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:59 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 I think its abut time the AR-7 is up dated and or improved. 

They should make a new model chambered in 17 HMR. Should have a 30 rd magazine and call it the AR-14.

Not sure if the receiver should be re designed or if it should be basically the same thing but it needs a handguard of some sort. Make it float and break down into a butt stock that could or could not be re designed. Seems like a no brainer. It's been long enough with nothing new.

Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How about .22wmr?

EDIT: and while we're at it how about they make the 1911 more GLOCK-y? Total improvement. :bigsmile:

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

10/22 takedown with Magpul backpacker stock is the new ar-7

Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bubblewhip wrote:

I'm not a big Ruger fan...but the takedown model is what goes everywhere with me if I'm traveling farther then I can walk home in a day.

With that being said...The accuracy, trigger and BX25 mags are all hit and miss on the 10/22's. But for now it's still the best option in my opinion.

I've owned numerous AR-7 and variants over the years, only a couple were what I'd consider even fairly reliable. :popcorn:

-- Travis A Kisner

Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hand guard should also hold ammo and a phone.

The last part is a reference to Maxwell Smart. His shoe used to be a phone. Lol

But a radio is feasible. One can make it an add on feature and charge more.

But until then… 10/22 takedown

Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

oldkim wrote:
Hand guard should also hold ammo and a phone.

The last part is a reference to Maxwell Smart. His shoe used to be a phone. Lol

But a radio is feasible. One can make it an add on feature and charge more.

But until then… 10/22 takedown

Agent 99...oolala

-- Travis A Kisner

Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR-14 already taken:

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The israeli's made a updated version many years ago with a collapsable stock wire style and muzzel break. They used them for the fighter pilots. If i remember correctly.

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:39 pm

Main market anymore for AR7's is militaria collectors and 007 fans. Functionaally, a GAU-5 ASDW out-AR7's the AR7 in every way and with full-power 5.56 NATO, but with Midwest having dropped complete pistols and URG's from their catalog it's firmly in the realm of DIY.

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Diamondback wrote:
Main market anymore for AR7's is militaria collectors and 007 fans. Functionaally, a GAU-5 ASDW out-AR7's the AR7 in every way and with full-power 5.56 NATO, but with Midwest having dropped complete pistols and URG's from their catalog it's firmly in the realm of DIY.

The ASDW is 6.5lbs and the ar7 is 3.5lbs.

They are very different purposes, the ASDW focus is on defense against humans, the AR-7 is focused on wilderness survival.

Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have been waiting to see if it will be re-released in 17hmr, it really is a deadly little round I would much prefer to 22lr in a survival situation but that is just my personal opinion. I also have a deep interest in survival weapons so any talk of them perks my ears up. There are many options depending on your needs and demands. As a cool piece I have always wanted a over under in 20 gauge and 17hmr. A friend has a 222 over 20 gauge that is pretty sweet as well for just tossing in a back pack. He kills a lot of grouse with it every year while bow hunting big game. I save the weight and carry an extra arrow with a small game head for those opportunities

Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Norman89 wrote:
I have been waiting to see if it will be re-released in 17hmr, it really is a deadly little round I would much prefer to 22lr in a survival situation but that is just my personal opinion. I also have a deep interest in survival weapons so any talk of them perks my ears up. There are many options depending on your needs and demands. As a cool piece I have always wanted a over under in 20 gauge and 17hmr. A friend has a 222 over 20 gauge that is pretty sweet as well for just tossing in a back pack. He kills a lot of grouse with it every year while bow hunting big game. I save the weight and carry an extra arrow with a small game head for those opportunities

I've got Savage 24 in .223 over 20 gauge, It's the only one I've ever seen.

.17 HMR is a great cartridge, but it's still not very common. .22LR is pretty much EVERYWHERE on the planet...and easy to acquire if only a few rounds at a time scavenging.

-- Travis A Kisner

Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bubblewhip wrote:

Agree.

Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkcavalier wrote:
bubblewhip wrote:

Agree.

Particularly the xring takedown there is the best survival rifle on the market. The aluminum barrel makes it weigh 3.5lbs which is the same as the ar-7.

Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Henry redid it kinda, many years ago. Its called the survival rifle. I have one, it's ok. I would much prefer a marlin papoose any day. If they did refine the AR7, why not call it an AR17?

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next