Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:53 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 "Tactical" Levers 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

(Ruger) Marlin 1895 Trapper .45-70 govt.

https://www.ontargetmagazine.com/2022/0 ... 5-trapper/

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:38 pm

jukk0u wrote:

As much as I love my 1886, this is so much more pratical.

Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

:drool:

Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not a "tactical" lever gun. It's a suppressor host...I mean you can easily throw 500+ grain bullets at 1000fps with that thing. It won't be silent but it'll knock the hell out of whatever it hits.

No rails, no EOTech or Aimpoint, no forward hand stop, no weapon light...not the modern gunbro definition of "tactical."

Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

^ This. Lever guns can be modified for practical purposes without trying to be tactical or cool. Plinking without ear muffs is really nice, especially when giving verbal instructions to young shooters.

Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All these are tube fed, if you want a real tactical lever, go a win model 1895, make it feed modified svd mags

Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Henry Model X

https://www.ammoland.com/2022/10/henry- ... L_CAMPAIGN)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:41 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Whomever first thought to put a suppressor on a lever gun is a f*cking legend! I’ve never had more fun than throwing 158gr .38spl pills at 215yd steel plates with my suppressed threaded lever gun.

Mine isn’t tactical in the least. It’s just a threaded lever. And best described above by hkcavalier as a suppressor host.

Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FYI this is a .357/.38 gun. Don't shoot .45/70 through an Osprey 45, even subsonic! I emailed SiCo about it or the .450 Bushmaster. They said no way...too much gas volume. 400+gr @ 1000fps, oddly enough, is way more gas than 230gr @ 880fps or 158gr @ 1000fps.

Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
Whomever first thought to put a suppressor on a lever gun is a f*cking legend! I’ve never had more fun than throwing 158gr .38spl pills at 215yd steel plates with my suppressed threaded lever gun.

Mine isn’t tactical in the least. It’s just a threaded lever. And best described above by hkcavalier as a suppressor host.

Whoever it was, they're long dead now. It was being done way back in the Maxim era, over 100 years ago.

Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That thing is about as well thought out as a coal powered space ship.

The truly amazing part is that some idiot mounted that optic on there and thought "Hey this looks good enough to be in a magazine article". Looks like he'd need to leave his mouth hanging open just to get a chin weld on that. So I guess it's fitting for the ignorant mouth breathers who'd set up a rifle that way.

I guess after that I shouldn't have been surprised to read of the author's consternation that 357 Mag rounds were still loud when suppressed. I guess pretty much anybody can write articles these days, no experience or knowledge required.

Henry should be slapped too, for dropping an optic rail right on top of the receiver like that, AND making it a raised rail for some reason. It's like they've never carried a lever action around in one hand, to know that the balance point where they carry nicely is right there over the receiver, in front of the lever. Put the rail on the barrel up where the rear sight is, and drop a low profile iron sight on the back of the receiver, then you've got something worth carrying around.

Oh, but at least there's a tacticool ninja-wannabe bipod on that pistol cartridge lever action. It should be entertaining watching someone work the lever from prone off a bipod at least.

Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's not a cheek pad; it's a chin rest....

FJB

Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This image is as old as dirt but I've never been able to find info on the build.

I will never think this isn't cool

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mad Pig Customs?

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2022/03/08/a ... g-customs/

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/201 ... lever-gun/

FJB

Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

reginald_burrito wrote:
This image is as old as dirt but I've never been able to find info on the build.

I will never think this isn't cool

That one is pretty cool, in all except the location of the red dot.

Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next