Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:05 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Is it time we all join the NRA? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

People, it is time we unite, we are under attack from all sides, we absolutely need to come together as a united front against these attacks on our rights.

We have seen the NRA being attacked by the left, they BLAME the murders on the NRA....those of you who have a problem with the NRA, please for sake of the Constitution, let's put those feelings aside and pony up the $ to join.

Imagine if these attacks resulted in the NRA doubling or tripling their membership? Imagine the power we could wield in stopping unconstitutional legislation.

I will be donating another membership during our WaGuns Birthday PIF, until then I urge you to join, please it is for our rights

you get $10 off by joining through Shooting USA

http://www.shootingusa.com/LATEST_UPDAT ... rship.html

Who is with me?

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:38 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hell yeah, Casey!

I'm already a member, and I'm with you. thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have my complaints about them, but I'm also a Life Member, and I have every intention of continuing to back them (with accountability, of course). They're good at what they do - mobilizing gun owners to put heat on their legislators and to show up to the polls. We need to make sure they can remain effective at doing both or we WILL lose this fight.

Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:23 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

NRA.org has the same deals, but also has the free gift as well as the subscription.

I've let my membership lapse a while back.... I just re-joined for 5 years.

Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:37 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My rifle club has NRA membership as a requirement for inclusion.

Remember, as an organization of membership, your active participation in the NRA is as important as your active participation in the conduct of our Republic's government.

It's more than just sending dues.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I did not rejoin after 594. I gave to SAF though. The current state and what appears to be the NRA stepping up a bit more is tempting me to rejoin.

Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:06 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

DSynger wrote:
I did not rejoin after 594. I gave to SAF though. The current state and what appears to be the NRA stepping up a bit more is tempting me to rejoin.

I urge to rejoin us, brother DSynger. :cheers2:

I have plenty of gripe with them, and I have written letters and talked directly to the NRA reps at SHOT.
No organization is perfect (er, inline with a person's beliefs and priorities) but like our choice 2 Novembers ago- there is a clear preference.
Support to help get the word out.
I think the biggest influence that the NRA has is when they say "We have X.X Million members."
It is a small price to pay, despite their shortcomings.

That wasn't meant as a preach to you DSynger... Just a little eruption of what I have been wanting to say in the thread. :wagwoot:

Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Already a life member. Considering getting a membership for the Wife and possibly upping my membership to the next level, Endowment, Patron, Benefactor whatever the heck it is.

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:25 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

It is past time "we" all join. I became a Life Member 3 years ago. Say what you will about their funding drives, their annoying mailers, and phone calls; they ARE the voice on Capitol Hill which makes the politicians toe the line. Incidentally, after I repeatedly asked them to stop sending me their beg-a-thon mailers, I finally succeeded.

Join Today!

Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:06 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
People, it is time we unite, we are under attack from all sides, we absolutely need to come together as a united front against these attacks on our rights.

We have seen the NRA being attacked by the left, they BLAME the murders on the NRA....those of you who have a problem with the NRA, please for sake of the Constitution, let's put those feelings aside and pony up the $ to join.

Imagine if these attacks resulted in the NRA doubling or tripling their membership? Imagine the power we could wield in stopping unconstitutional legislation.

I will be donating another membership during our WaGuns Birthday PIF, until then I urge you to join, please it is for our rights

you get $10 off by joining through Shooting USA

http://www.shootingusa.com/LATEST_UPDAT ... rship.html

Who is with me?

The wife is now the newest NRA Life Member. Thanks for the link.

We shall all go to the re-education camps together! :party:

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re-Joined. :thumbsup2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:27 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Myself and my kids are life members.
As stated above, the numbers mean something.
'The NRA has over 4.5 million members who are concerned about this legislation and they all vote.'

Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:32 am

As a benefactor member they call all the time for money. Wednesday evening I Humored them with a 2:11:48 phone call explaining state's rights and how I feel the NRA is too little too late for WA. If they lose every state bit by bit what is the need for universal reciprocity or the 2A to begin with?

I hope they step up their game in WA but afraid it's gone all political. The people who admin and moderate this website could use their clout to join in the fight on a local level. As board members perhaps.

Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I find it hard to argue someone cares about their rights when they are not a member of the NRA. I do know many are unhappy with the work on the state level, and I respect that viewpoint. However, the division in groups means less efficiency and a smaller voice.

Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mine had just lapsed, I used this link to sign up for 5 years @ $100.

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/rene ... d=XP026163

Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next