Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The Most Wanted Part 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jdhbulseye wrote:
UpDog wrote:
delliottg wrote:
On my 10/22's I've got a Walmart Centerpoint, I've got one on all three of them, and I'm really pleased with them. Pretty sure this is the same one: https://www.walmart.com/ip/CenterPoint- ... e/48630945 I think I paid about $60 a piece after a 10/22 I traded for came with one and I really liked it. That's my wife's rifle, and she really likes the scope.

Looks like your most wanted part to me.

jdhbulseye wrote:
For pistols, a holster is by far my #1 accessory

For long guns, a sling. A sling for a long gun is like a holster for a pistol.

Sent from Proxima Centauri B through the ether using FTP transmission technology, Honey Encryption, and Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches

What type of sling and holster? In what configuration? And why?

Holster depends on my intended use for the pistol. For OC I prefer strong side and usually leather but im warming up to kydex too if it's a good design.

For CC, I have a couple appendix carry holsters but I'm not sure I'm in love. I think I prefer small of back, I really like my crossbreed for that.

Slings are simple 2 point deals for me. I personally dislike single points and 3 points. I don't see the need for anything too fancy. I grew up with usgi slings and I am comfortable with similar styles. Really like the magpul slings. I have been wanting to get a blue force Vickers sling because I've heard great things but I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet (pun intended).

For me the sling only needs to do 2 things: help me carry the gun in a comfortable manner when not in use and when needed add stability to shooting positions. As long as it's sturdy and does those two things it's G2G in my book.

Sent from Proxima Centauri B through the ether using FTP transmission technology, Honey Encryption, and Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches

Method of carry looks to be your most wanted part.

Anyone else care to share their #1 accessory/part? We got a good list going and I can see folks benefiting from personal testimony.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

grips/grip panels are also a decision based on fit, comfort and style.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

Do you have a specific grip that you own multiples of?

Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UpDog wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Do you have a specific grip that you own multiples of?

What are you fishing for?
I mentioned grips as a part with a general appeal and wider application, rather than naming a specific model. Naming a specific brand or style of any part/device narrows population to whom said part may appeal.

But to answer your direct question: I am partial to Magpul Moe grips (AK/AR)
1) they have a fuller "GLOCK-y" feel
2) they are grippy texured
3) I like the accessory holding inserts
4) fairly inexpensive

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

But to answer your direct question: I am partial to Magpul Moe grips (AK/AR)
1) they have a fuller "GLOCK-y" feel
2) they are grippy texured
3) I like the accessory holding inserts
4) fairly inexpensive

Thats what I was fishing for. We know that any part can be replaced with whatever we want but its overwhelming to even begin.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:30 pm

Bore guide. It's the first thing I look for. I try to have one in-hand before a new gun even shows up.

I hope that in another couple years when 3-D printing becomes ubiquitous that bore guide design will blossom for all sorts of niche weapons where it wouldn't be worth-while to do a whole factory run.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:03 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Bilgetroll wrote:
I hope that in another couple years when 3-D printing becomes ubiquitous that bore guide design will blossom for all sorts of niche weapons where it wouldn't be worth-while to do a whole factory run.

Bilgetroll... I love that name. :thumbsup2:

Small scale 3D printing is a major step in the history of manufacturing. It will change the world.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Extractors and firing pins. Always have lots of those for my old wood and steel rifle stuff.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've found that the part that usually needs to be upgraded first is the nut that holds the grip.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
I've found that the part that usually needs to be upgraded first is the nut that holds the grip.

Better mental health record-sharing should help with that.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:22 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Optics. I have very few rifles without optics of some sort. Putting a red dot on target is so much faster and easier than aligning iron sights. Must have, IMO

Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
RocketScott wrote:

Better mental health record-sharing should help with that.

If they can guarantee sub MOA accuracy I might consider it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2