Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:17 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Do I need to pay tax? 

The one that kills me (I know, ironic) is the inheritance tax. So, person A works and pays taxes on that income. If he happens to have some left over, he puts it in the bank, then pay taxes on the interest that money makes. When he passes, whats left over goes to the heirs, who pay taxes on money that has already been taxed twice!

Don't get me started on the liquor tax, that's about as big a scam as the Sound Transit vehicle tax.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tonydec wrote:
The one that kills me (I know, ironic) is the inheritance tax. So, person A works and pays taxes on that income. If he happens to have some left over, he puts it in the bank, then pay taxes on the interest that money makes. When he passes, whats left over goes to the heirs, who pay taxes on money that has already been taxed twice!

Don't get me started on the liquor tax, that's about as big a scam as the Sound Transit vehicle tax.

Well it's not your money. It's the government's money. Don't laugh, maybe people in WA state don't think this, but they sure vote this way. Almost every chance they get.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:24 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Pablo wrote:
Tonydec wrote:

Well it's not your money. It's the government's money. Don't laugh, maybe people in WA state don't think this, but they sure vote this way. Almost every chance they get.

When the Heirs of this twice taxed money dare to use it...they again pay tax in the form of sales tax.

The ugliest tax is tax on licensed vehicles.

For the life of the vehicle...be it a car or boat every time it changes ownership the value of the vehicle is taxed.

There is no getting around this tax if you intend to license the vehicle.

I currently have vehicles that are increasing in value....some that sold new for $2500 now have a value over 40k.

When I sell them the new owner will have to pay tax near double what the car sold new.

Oh, and to answer your original question....;last I heard tax avoidance will get you a penalty of twice the tax owed and fine that will include interest from the date of infraction...and the tax man does not use current mortgage rate interest.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:46 am

It's kind of simple in a way. Is it going to be used in WA? If yes, then use tax is owed.
This applies to people from Oregon and the other no-sales tax states too.
If it wasn't paid for, or no invoice is available, then it's based on the "Fair Market Value." The blue book is accepted.
It's been around for decades, but until 2009 was only enforced on cars since you pay the tax in order to get it registered. Around 2009 someone realized guns have to come through dealers.
If you do a face to face, unless you have the receipt that shows the previous owner paid sales tax to WA you owe it. So it seems that it's every other owner who has to pay the tax. The same I'm pretty sure applies to anything and everything in WA. So that chair you bought at the garage sale? Yup, you are supposed to pay the DOR for it's value.

I think the least visited (except by those looking for the DOC parole/probation office) government office in the state is the DOR office near the OR border in Vancouver. Where you are supposed to stop and pay the use tax on anything you bought in OR.

Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2