Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:12 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Selling per the seasons? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I plan on selling a few things that go bang-bang but not sure if the time is right.
Too hot out and people act like slugs, (me).
Too cold out and people want to stay home.
Fall/winter? Seahawks are on the tube.
Consignment? Throwing money away but worth the hassle.
594 has fucked things up beyond belief. ANY day of the year.
:frust:

Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:37 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

594 sure slowed me down. Kinda lost interest, I don't need money and it's just a major hassle.
Since it passed I've done 4 transfers.
Before that, I had done more than that in a day.

Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It is a buyer's market right now. ARs are the cheapest they have ever been and there is no immediate threat of a ban happening. Plastic pistols are dirt cheap and mags and parts are everywhere. Ammo is at a low unseen in the past 10 years.
Basically unless you have something super unique you are going to have to price it low if you want it to move.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fungunnin wrote:
It is a buyer's market right now. ARs are the cheapest they have ever been and there is no immediate threat of a ban happening. Plastic pistols are dirt cheap and mags and parts are everywhere. Ammo is at a low unseen in the past 10 years.
Basically unless you have something super unique you are going to have to price it low if you want it to move.

You have given me hope, grasshopper. :bow:

Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Fungunnin wrote:

Even then meh. I have seen numerous good deals just sit. I didn’t have cash at the time sadly but tons of B&T, HK, FN and other unique stuff I have seen sit at prices I had close my phone and cruse budgeting.

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:01 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

AR15L wrote:
Fungunnin wrote:

Remember Bro..I get first right of refusal :thumbsup2:

If'n youre thinking what I thinking youre thinking.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
AR15L wrote:
Fungunnin wrote:

Remember Bro..I get first right of refusal :thumbsup2:

If'n youre thinking what I thinking youre thinking.

You weasel. That one is hard to get rid of. :ROFLMAO:

Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

While the market might not be the best for value/high prices, one thing is certain. Folks have MONEY right now.

If you don't want to sell cheap, then post it for what you want. Whats the harm if it sits?

Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
While the market might not be the best for value/high prices, one thing is certain. Folks have MONEY right now.

If you don't want to sell cheap, then post it for what you want. Whats the harm if it sits?

Where is this money thing you speak of, and where does one get it? I was under the impression that going to work every day would get it for me, but there seems to be some sort of confusion about who the end receiver is. Apparently I have an Uncle Sam, and he seems to collect more of it than I do.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You literally have to give gun-related shit away these days.

It’s not by seasons; it’s by political events.

And what’s wrong with shit sitting? Buyers browse the same avenues frequently and take notice - if you like getting lowballed, be my guest.

Same with bumping an ad, if I see XXXXXXX with (10) bumps to his ad, that fuck is not going to get full asking or close to it.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sell hunting guns from about now through the end of October e.g. I'll be selling my Marlin 1895SBL soon. I love it but I have too many "thumpers" and really want a SPETS-12.

Sell most other guns from February-May (tax returns).

Sell collectible or high end guns anytime, but to a broad market e.g. there is a guy locally (Spokane market) trying to move Colt Pythons...there's just no one with $3k lying around for a safe queen around here.

Don't sell ARs right now, especially builds and especially especially 16" M4geries in 5.56/.223. Buy them as an investment for future "issues".

Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:07 am

hkcavalier wrote:
Sell hunting guns from about now through the end of October e.g. I'll be selling my Marlin 1895SBL soon. I love it but I have too many "thumpers" and really want a SPETS-12.

Sell most other guns from February-May (tax returns).

Sell collectible or high end guns anytime, but to a broad market e.g. there is a guy locally (Spokane market) trying to move Colt Pythons...there's just no one with $3k lying around for a safe queen around here.

Don't sell ARs right now, especially builds and especially especially 16" M4geries in 5.56/.223. Buy them as an investment for future "issues".

This seems pretty close to what I've seen.
Summer is the slowest time in the retail gun industry. From ammo sales at the gun show, to guns in a store.
It seems not a lot of people think about hunting guns until it's closer to hunting season. Hunting rifles will sit on the shelf unless deeply discounted until around mid to late August or September. Occasionally the week before hunting season starts.

It's been a horrible time to sell ARs for about 2 years. Great time to buy cheap and stack deep though. Complete firearms, parts, whatever. But even Colts are selling for just 900 new. I've seen a Noveske with Geiselle and a Primary Arms scope with a good mount go for $850.

Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]