Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:01 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 AR Safety selector. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I finally got the anti-walk pins for my AR pistol build. I just noticed that I can put it on safe even when the bolt has not been charged. Other than that everything seems normal.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:10 pm

You have anti walking pins. So you must have one of those fancy drop in triggers. I bet you even store that pistol in a Wilson tennis case. LOL
Hello Chuck.

Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bump
Is this something I should be worried about?

Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are different diameter anti-walk sets for COLTS. Installing the wrong diameter pins does funny things to functionality. Is this AR a COLT?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
There are different diameter anti-walk sets for COLTS. Installing the wrong diameter pins does funny things to functionality. Is this AR a COLT?

It's an Anderson lower. Not a pin issue.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
I finally got the anti-walk pins for my AR pistol build. I just noticed that I can put it on safe even when the bolt has not been charged. Other than that everything seems normal.

Not normal. I don't have my AR out to describe it, and my daughter is calling in......but look at the grip screw and how all the parts interact.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Um, You need to function check that

Make sure the hammer will not drop with the selector on SAFE

If the selector can move with the hammer forward it's already out of spec and you're on the verge of allowing the hammer to drop with the selector on safe

Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:

If the selector can move with the hammer forward it's already out of spec and you're on the verge of allowing the hammer to drop with the selector on safe

Charged or not, when it's on safe.....It is SAFE. It's like extra safe. (Not that I put my guns on safe anyway).

Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

does any of this help? (From the new TOS)

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/sh ... r-Question

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Did you maybe mix up the selector spring with one of the take down springs?

FJB

Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am doing this from memory (dangerous, I know), but the spring and detent pin I was referring to earlier wouldn't cause this, more like something is goobered up. When the hammer is forward, the trigger is cammed down into the "fired" position and not allowed to return fully forward. This means the back bar of it is too high for the safety to rotate back into position. (only cocking again, allows the safety to be "on")

Tomorrow I can get one of my AR's out to check.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
RocketScott wrote:

Charged or not, when it's on safe.....It is SAFE. It's like extra safe. (Not that I put my guns on safe anyway).

If you don’t put your guns on safe WTF are you asking?

Learn how an AR works

The trigger and safety work together. Either the trigger is too low or the safety is too high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:56 pm

You could try running a 1/4 x 28 x 1/4 set screw ahead of your grip screw to push the trigger up into the safety.
Adjust till everthing functions normally. If you can’t turn the safety once Grip is installed back out the set screw till you can.
You may have to get a shorter grip screw too.. or put extra washers inside your grip if it hits the set screw and won’t go in all the way to tighten your grip.
$2 at ace and your fixed up... maybe. :thumbsup2:

This also takes the slop/takeup out of MilSpec triggers

Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:34 am

Does your drop in trigger have set screws that you are supposed to tighten that press against the bottom of the fire control pocket?

Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]