Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:19 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 PSAK-47 G3 [ debate, purchase, and reflection] 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Haha, I just finished watching that a few mins ago. Glad it passed his abuse.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I put 175 rds through mine on Saturday. Every single one fed, fired, and ejected just fine. The sights were dead on right out of the box. The notch cut in the rear sight is quite narrow/small, which made focusing on the front sight a bit more difficult, but it wasn't a big deal. I'll probably replace it with an aperture sight. The only real challenge I had was with mags. I brought a Croatian steel BHO mag that was difficult to seat and remove, but it ran great. The Magpul MOE mag that came with it from PSA had an issue with the follower binding the first time I loaded it, but once I emptied, disassembled, and reassembled it, it loaded fine, seated and released with ease, and ran without a hiccup. Another guy loaned me his Romanian 75-rd drum to try out; it worked great and got the barrel nice and smoking hot (literally). I found the cheek weld on the Magpul Zhukov stock to be quite uncomfortable, so I need to attach some padding before my next range trip. All in all, I'm very happy with the rifle and expect it will soon make regular trips to the range with me.

Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think they make additional cheek rests for it. Might be worth looking into.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One other thing I forgot to mention:

I noticed that if I draw the bolt back and then slowly ease it forward, it holds open on its own (not supposed to). It appears that the bottom of the bolt is just barely catching on the hammer. If I draw the bolt back and then let it fly, it goes into battery no problem. But if I gently ease it forward, it catches. Not a big deal to me, and I'm sure it'll go away over time, but just thought I'd mention it.

Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:

I noticed that if I draw the bolt back and then slowly ease it forward, it holds open on its own (not supposed to). It appears that the bottom of the bolt is just barely catching on the hammer. If I draw the bolt back and then let it fly, it goes into battery no problem. But if I gently ease it forward, it catches. Not a big deal to me, and I'm sure it'll go away over time, but just thought I'd mention it.

I have seen Commie import AK's do the same thing. It will wear/polish itself pretty quickly.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:51 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

usrifle wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:

I have seen Commie import AK's do the same thing. It will wear/polish itself pretty quickly.

I agree with the first part of usrifle's statement. :ROFLMAO:

This is pretty normal with AKs, in my experience.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:

I agree with the first part of usrifle's statement. :ROFLMAO:

This is pretty normal with AKs, in my experience.

I see what you did there.... :cussing:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8