Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:31 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 PSAK-47 G3 [ debate, purchase, and reflection] 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I went plum because I planned to swap it to wood and use the plum on a future SBR build. Going to wait though. I think I want to hit up a few local shows and hand pick if I can find some. Though I saw some bakelite here listed recently that I'd like to put on the m70 if the price comes down.. I will be looking at the safety options out there, as I noticed last night that you can't operate the M70 safety when the stock is folded. I might be able to fix that with some removal of thub tab, but I'm also interested in finding BHO ones.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tue May 14, 2019 4:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How to fix a loose safety:

1) Cock rifle, drop hammer.

2) Pop dust cover

3) Flip safety up to safe position

4) Continue rotating upwards until it moves past receiver wall and is pointing straight up

5) Pull on it towards the opposite side of the receiver to bend it inwards

6) When happy, push it back down while holding down the trigger. Not holding down the trigger will result in it bumping up against it with no space to move through.

You can, of course, also cut your own BHO into the lever. I`m not a fan of them, personally, but you do you.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Tue May 14, 2019 8:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not a bad idea. The metal feels a little thin to maintain tension TBH. Its the one part that feels skimped on.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
NOW YOU DID IT...

Tue May 14, 2019 9:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hard to tell if a surplus lever would fit or not - given the amount of fitting some Bayonets (which are intended to be universal fit) require to fit the PSAK lug, who knows what a surplus lever would require.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Tue May 14, 2019 10:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A.O. wrote:
I went plum because I planned to swap it to wood and use the plum on a future SBR build. Going to wait though. I think I want to hit up a few local shows and hand pick if I can find some. Though I saw some bakelite here listed recently that I'd like to put on the m70 if the price comes down.. I will be looking at the safety options out there, as I noticed last night that you can't operate the M70 safety when the stock is folded. I might be able to fix that with some removal of thub tab, but I'm also interested in finding BHO ones.

Look into the Polish stocks at Atlantic firearms. That bakelite is a good price for a matching set, and only going up in value.

Divided we fall.

Tue May 14, 2019 10:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I disassembled my M92 this morning. Put the OEM wood back on. As AKs are still a pretty new field for me, I am rethinking what looks good and what looks "right." The fact that the M92 was intended to become a krinkov clone when I bought it, makes me rethink the current bakelite. (They don't work great with the round krink style retaining plate.) Now that I have options in my collection, I can decide what will have what. I need to find a decent website that describes the original variants clearly. There is a ton of info out there.

NOW YOU DID IT...

Tue May 14, 2019 11:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A.O. wrote:
I disassembled my M92 this morning. Put the OEM wood back on. As AKs are still a pretty new field for me, I am rethinking what looks good and what looks "right." The fact that the M92 was intended to become a krinkov clone when I bought it, makes me rethink the current bakelite. (They don't work great with the round krink style retaining plate.) Now that I have options in my collection, I can decide what will have what. I need to find a decent website that describes the original variants clearly. There is a ton of info out there.

Join the Akfiles.com and ask around.

Divided we fall.

Tue May 14, 2019 11:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A.O. wrote:

Desertfoxsales

RobertRTG

CenterfireSystems

Will have almost everything you`ll need for whatever.

Tue May 14, 2019 4:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I picked mine up today. Nice finish with a coat of oil over all of the Metal. Safety wasn't as light as some mentioned and cycled smoothly by hand.
May have a slight can't to the front sight, I will look later as I only had a couple minutes to look it over before work.
Furniture looked good, I am pleased with it at the price point and with a Lifetime Warranty.
More to come as I get time to strip it and look closer.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed May 22, 2019 3:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
I picked mine up today. Nice finish with a coat of oil over all of the Metal. Safety wasn't as light as some mentioned and cycled smoothly by hand.
May have a slight can't to the front sight, I will look later as I only had a couple minutes to look it over before work.
Furniture looked good, I am pleased with it at the price point and with a Lifetime Warranty.
More to come as I get time to strip it and look closer.

I picked up mine today, too! Same observations as you - finish is nice, although there is enough oil to fry a turkey with. Safety lever is tight yet smooth. Action cycles nice and smooth with no slop. Love the Magpul furniture. Sights appear to be straight, but I'll find out on range day. I haven't popped the hood yet, but will tonight or tomorrow.

Wed May 22, 2019 3:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I went with the standard furniture, the Zhukov folder would have been nice but I don't like the Magpul forearms. I'm too old School I guess... :bigsmile:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed May 22, 2019 6:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, the Zhukov folding stock is pretty legit. No wobble at all when folded, and the LOP adjustment is also tight. The cheek weld is pretty comfortable, too.

If I was buying a combloc AK, I'd want the traditional wood furniture, but since this rifle is made in the USA, having furniture also made in the USA just feels right.

Wed May 22, 2019 6:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I really do find the magpul stuff comfy and a good fit. I find magpul's lack of QD hardware on their stuff really annoying though. Making people buy extra stuff is greedy. I found QD cups/mounts on amazon that worked on my backpacker stock. I ordered a soviet canvas sling to use for this rifle (as I plan to do all wood eventually anyways), but come to find out that they didn't even make the sling loop in the stock the right size for AK slings. Standard is 1.5", but their zhukov stock's sling loop is 1.25" wide. So i need to order the QD stuff anyways apparently.

NOW YOU DID IT...

Wed May 22, 2019 9:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A.O. wrote:
I really do find the magpul stuff comfy and a good fit. I find magpul's lack of QD hardware on their stuff really annoying though. Making people buy extra stuff is greedy. I found QD cups/mounts on amazon that worked on my backpacker stock. I ordered a soviet canvas sling to use for this rifle (as I plan to do all wood eventually anyways), but come to find out that they didn't even make the sling loop in the stock the right size for AK slings. Standard is 1.5", but their zhukov stock's sling loop is 1.25" wide. So i need to order the QD stuff anyways apparently.

Or..y`know...just paracord in an extension.

Wed May 22, 2019 9:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nah, I can't do Paracord on stuff. Not If there is a solution. Two QD cups: $10 off amazon, and the 1.5" QD clip os only $10. Simple enough, just annoying. Though a laminate stock setvwould only be $30... I just need to dexide what I want to do now. But if I've already spent over $500 on the rifle, I'm not going to go cheap on solvong things like this. :D

NOW YOU DID IT...

Thu May 23, 2019 4:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next