Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:04 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 PSAK-47 G3 [ debate, purchase, and reflection] 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looked it over this morning. The metal parts of the soviet sling were going to mess up the polymer handguard. So I just stuck a QD mount from my Scorpion over. I'll tack on the QD cups for the end of the stock when I do another Amazon order. No rush. I'll just use my MS4 until I get wood put on it. I have a sling on the way for my M70, so I'll see which fits best on that: the yugo or the one I just took off the PSAK. I love the plum furniture, but really want the classic look and another SBR anyways. It will eventually sort out, and I'm foreseeing another PSA AK in the future.

Also, when I said my safety is loose, it's not loose, but it does flip a lot easier than my Zastava and my Yugo. They're tight, this just has less resistance.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Thu May 23, 2019 7:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Excellent!^^

Divided we fall.

Thu May 23, 2019 6:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Upon further examination of the PSA G3 AK, i am VERY pleased with it. I own, or have owned Arsenal, Norinco, Polytech, Egyptian, Polish,Yugo and Romanian AK's.
The fit and finish as well as the action rivals the Arsenal and is better than the rest. Well, the Polytech is tough to beat, but the finish on the PSA is better.
It accepted and locked up tight Combloc, Chinese, US and Russian mags with no wobble. I think these rifles are a screaming deal for the price.
Great trigger, all parts are tight and right, i would buy another if i could afford it right now. I have not fired it yet but i expect no surprises.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri May 24, 2019 9:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Upon further examination of the PSA G3 AK, i am VERY pleased with it. I own, or have owned Arsenal, Norinco, Polytech, Egyptian, Polish,Yugo and Romanian AK's.
The fit and finish as well as the action rivals the Arsenal and is better than the rest. Well, the Polytech is tough to beat, but the finish on the PSA is better.
It accepted and locked up tight Combloc, Chinese, US and Russian mags with no wobble. I think these rifles are a screaming deal for the price.
Great trigger, all parts are tight and right, i would buy another if i could afford it right now. I have not fired it yet but i expect no surprises.

Nice to hear. I've read a lot of good things about it. Good score.

Divided we fall.

Sat May 25, 2019 10:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is this odd angle on the muzzle device normal? I'm having a hard time understanding the design/purpose here...

Thu May 30, 2019 1:46 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I believe that’s fairly standard as far as slant brakes go. Ak’s recoil up and to the right (I’m guessing due to the weight of the charging handle pulling the gun right as the action cycles). Slant brakes direct gasses up and right to counteract their tendency to climb in that direction under rapid fire.

Thu May 30, 2019 1:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
I believe that’s fairly standard as far as slant brakes go. Ak’s recoil up and to the right (I’m guessing due to the weight of the charging handle pulling the gun right as the action cycles). Slant brakes direct gasses up and right to counteract their tendency to climb in that direction under rapid fire.

Well, I'll be damned...that actually kinda makes sense. :thumbsup2:

Thu May 30, 2019 1:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
Is this odd angle on the muzzle device normal? I'm having a hard time understanding the design/purpose here...

7.62x39 cartridge tends to push the muzzle up and to the right. By cutting the device at an approximate 45 degree angle, the gas from firing pushes it roughly back down and to the left. If it bothers you I have a spare Polish muzzle nut I`ll be happy to trade you for it. Think of it as a Cheapskate Cutts compensator.

EDIT:
Just saw it was already covered.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Thu May 30, 2019 2:18 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

This is the standard AK slant brake on my Norince Mak-90

Thu May 30, 2019 2:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Semi almost halfway sorta kinda decent pic of a muzzle nut:

And for comparison a Romanian AIMR Pm.1990 device:

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Thu May 30, 2019 2:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:wagwoot:
Sinus211 wrote:

:wagwoot:
Well said ... More of a thread protector until you can locate a more functional device, such as the Epsilon AK brake by Aero, or the Fighter brake by Definitive Arms.. And the finish on the rifle looks real nice too.

Divided we fall.

Thu May 30, 2019 4:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like the slant brake, but it always bother me that it wasn't level. lol, my OCD kicks in big time. Once I underatood why though, it's been ok. I don't think I'll ever change either on my two rifles. I know there are better brakes out there, but Iblike the look of the classic slant.

That being said, I finally was able to head out to the back 5 and cycle two shots out of both the PSA and Yugo M-70 today while the family was out. Without a doubt the M-70 felt soooo smooth. Like, right away I noticed the difference from my M92. The PSAK was nice, but the Yugo just seemed to cycle crisper. (If I can describe it that way) I'm excited to carve out some time to put a few mags through them both. The magpul is really growing on me, and just looks right on the PSA.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Fri May 31, 2019 1:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A.O. wrote:
I like the slant brake, but it always bother me that it wasn't level. lol, my OCD kicks in big time. Once I underatood why though, it's been ok. I don't think I'll ever change either on my two rifles. I know there are better brakes out there, but Iblike the look of the classic slant.

That being said, I finally was able to head out to the back 5 and cycle two shots out of both the PSA and Yugo M-70 today while the family was out. Without a doubt the M-70 felt soooo smooth. Like, right away I noticed the difference from my M92. The PSAK was nice, but the Yugo just seemed to cycle crisper. (If I can describe it that way) I'm excited to carve out some time to put a few mags through them both. The magpul is really growing on me, and just looks right on the PSA.

M70s are some of the toughest AKs you`ll find. The RPK front trunnion and 150% thick receiver don`t do a lot of good for weight, but if you`re the kind to eat your wheaties it`s almost impossible to keep the M70s down. Just be forewarned Yugoslav AKs and SKSs do not have Chrome lined bores, so make sure you clean after your range trips for optimum performance.

Fri May 31, 2019 6:48 am

I have a PSA AK-P and i think it is a blast to shoot. Although I've only put a few hundred rounds out of it. I got the one with the grey Magpul furniture.

So far it is a solid AK. :thumbsup2:

Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... xk1wAOznsU

Divided we fall.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next