Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:24 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Gun shop Wait Times 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MyNameIs940 wrote:
Exactly this, it’s not your problem Brad that they don’t get back to you within 10 days that’s their problem. They should figure out a way to make the system more efficient. Also if enough LE complain of people getting guns then getting a deny it’ll push these liberals to do a single point of contact system that speeds up the process.

A system which will immediately declare its lack of resources, then perfunctorily deny everything, and expect every gun buyer to wait for the appeal process...

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue May 14, 2019 9:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Use your brains, not your emotions. An FFL has to think about liability. Doesn't a "No contact Order". Preclude a person from being a weapon? Even if a person has a CPL, a no contact order Trump's that. All it takes is one Bozo and an FFL looses everything.
It not right, but it what will happen......

Tue May 14, 2019 10:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mange wrote:
Use your brains, not your emotions. An FFL has to think about liability. Doesn't a "No contact Order". Preclude a person from being a weapon? Even if a person has a CPL, a no contact order Trump's that. All it takes is one Bozo and an FFL looses everything.
It not right, but it what will happen......

Nobody is advocating for the FFL to do anything other than adhere to the law. They told him to wait 10 days. He did. He released.

THEN they came back with a denial and tried to persuade him that it was HIS responsibility to enforce the law in an attempt to reduce their own effort and hand off responsibility for the omission.

NOT HIS RESPONSIBILITY.

Pretty common tactic for LE to make statements in an attempt to ellicit your VOLUNTARY compliance to their instructions for which they have NO RIGHT or AUTHORITY to expect compliance unless the citizen does so voluntarily.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue May 14, 2019 10:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brads Guns & Ammo wrote:
Believe me I am super stressed out about how all this new stuff is going to effect my business. I have a feeling business is going to be slow after July 1st. At least at the begining. I talked to Pierce county and they did tell me they are going to hire anther person (hopefully more) to deal with the increased workload. I'm going to see how it all pans out the first couple weeks and adjust from there. Like I siad my regulars or even someone that has bought from me before don't have to worry because I already know they can pass and so I will just wait the 10 business days and release. I definitely don't want people to start saying "Don't go to Brad's, he holds guns forever". I wish I could just do a NICS check while people wait, and send them home right then, with a smile on there face. But the state has other plans for now.

You are a Good guy Brad and i can respect you are very concerned going forward. That business is your Livelihood now and i wouldn't want to be in your position honestly with this new feel good bullshit legislation.

If you follow the Law, you should be OK. Then again, the State doesn't follow all of them either. Right Ferguson? :cussing:

I really like Dan's idea though, Let's Fuck their system :thumbsup2: The downside of that is a Transfer fee for each Transaction and having an FFL who is always willing to release after the 10 days per the Law.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue May 14, 2019 11:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
A system which will immediately declare its lack of resources, then perfunctorily deny everything, and expect every gun buyer to wait for the appeal process...

I don’t think that would fly, even shit states don’t do that. They’re already looking into a single point of contact system and this may push it along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed May 15, 2019 4:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Death by a thousand cuts.

Wed May 15, 2019 6:20 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Regardless of whether each of us like's Brad's 20-day policy for new buyers, I want to thank him for making his policy KNOWN. That's huge right now.

Based on what I know right now, which is:

- If I buy a gun from Brad after July 1, I'll definitely receive it either 10 days (if he knows I'm legal) or 20 days (if he doesn't know me) after the sale.
- If I buy a gun from someone else after July 1 . . . well, right now I don't know anybody's policy for sure, except that some will never give you the gun until they hear back from law enforcement.

That's an easy win in the Brad column, in my book. thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed May 15, 2019 10:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Regardless of whether each of us like's Brad's 20-day policy for new buyers, I want to thank him for making his policy KNOWN. That's huge right now.

- If I buy a gun from Brad after July 1, I'll definitely receive it either 10 days (if he knows I'm legal) or 20 days (if he doesn't know me) after the sale.
- If I buy a gun from someone else after July 1 . . . well, right now I don't know anybody's policy for sure, except that some will never give you the gun until they hear back from law enforcement.

This... :thumbsup2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed May 15, 2019 10:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:

Which is exactly why I made the original post. The purpose of the thread was not to dog Brad, who is a great guy. The purpose was to create a thread where everybody could input the practices of their own LGS. That way we could all know what each gun shop was going to do, and make our shopping decisions accordingly.

But the thread immediately got derailed into bitching about Brad, and nobody posted the practices of other gun shops.

Madpick you can go ahead and delete this thread

Wed May 15, 2019 10:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't get me wrong, I love the way Brad does business and I've been there many times over the years (I'd be in there a LOT more if he were closer). Brad has good prices, good customer service, and is a strong supporter of 2A and this site. :thumbsup2:

But here's another way to think of the 20-day policy:
Let's say Brad waits 20 days in an abundance of caution (I can understand the rationale), but the local PD still doesn't have an answer for him on Day 20. He releases the firearm to the buyer, and some time later he receives a call from the local PD saying the sale should have been denied and the firearm needs to be returned. Is the outcome not exactly the same as if his policy was 10 days as prescribed in the law? Did the extension to the arbitrary number of 20 days change the effective outcome? And if it didn't, then is there any point in doing it, other than to compensate (unnecessarily) for the inadequacy of the local PD?

I am reminded of Thomas Jefferson's quote on poverty: "I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer."

The subject here is not poverty, but the principle is the same; by making the local PD easy in their incompetence, it does not help them become more competent; it only encourages them to maintain the status quo of incompetence.

This goes for all dealers, not just Brad; if you are a FFL and are reading this, consider that it is not your customers' problem that your local PD can't get the job done in 10 days per the law, and it is not your problem if your customer gets denied but you don't find out until after the 10 days have transpired and the firearm was released. Make the PD get their job done on time or deal with the consequences of not doing so; please don't make it your customers' problem.

Wed May 15, 2019 10:43 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Arisaka wrote:
Madpick you can go ahead and delete this thread

I’ll delete it if you really want me to (yes, sometimes you need to tell me twice!), but I think it’s a good discussion, and one that we NEED to have with each of the FFLs.

As we get closer to July 1, I’d like to add their policies on releasing the gun (if known) to our existing FFL list.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed May 15, 2019 11:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ok, leave it up and maybe we will get some good info posted

Wed May 15, 2019 12:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not to change the subject too much, but have we started a training requirement thread already?

I'm not super worried since I'll be on extended military orders soon, but others might be wondering...

Wed May 15, 2019 12:30 pm
FFL / Dealer

hkcavalier wrote:
Not to change the subject too much, but have we started a training requirement thread already?

I'm not super worried since I'll be on extended military orders soon, but others might be wondering...

This so much this I’ll start a new one if wanted but there seems to be no clear answers here.
I have contacted the attorney general’s office, the local pd and sheriff ( advice from the AG ), the NRA, everyone I can think of. The last conversation with the attorney General the lady I spoke with recommended I contact my legislators, two of the three have had their interns call me and they both are now very confused and going to” keep looking into it” we will see.

Wed May 15, 2019 12:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The509busman wrote:
two of the three have had their interns call me and they both are now very confused and going to” keep looking into it” we will see.

That = GFY

Wed May 15, 2019 1:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next