Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:20 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Simple yes or no poll. 

Are you buying a new "Semi Assault Weapon" on July 1st?
Yes 13%  13%  [ 12 ]
No 56%  56%  [ 50 ]
Maybe that week. 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Maybe later in the month. 11%  11%  [ 10 ]
Never buying another boom stick in this state ever again. 17%  17%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 90

Simple yes or no poll. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No. I plan on buying 80% receivers and call it a day. Everything else will be bought in Montana when I visit family.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:07 pm

Wetpaperbag wrote:
No. I plan on buying 80% receivers and call it a day. Everything else will be bought in Montana when I visit family.

But doesn’t the other state have to follow WA state laws when the sell to you?

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kick start my heart wrote:
Wetpaperbag wrote:

Re-read your question :bigsmile:

Montana only has to follow Federal laws, and Montana state law...

Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:34 pm

NWGunner wrote:
Kick start my heart wrote:
Wetpaperbag wrote:

Re-read your question :bigsmile:

Montana only has to follow Federal laws, and Montana state law...

The reason I ask is I propose a similar question to an FFL. Can’t I just go to Idaho or Oregon and buy a semi auto rifle. They claimed other states legally have to follow WA state regulations for gun sales to WA state residents buying out of state. Not sure if that’s true or not. Just what I was told. I suppose a family member in another state could “gift” you a firearm without doing a transfer.

These laws are all hindering our rights, and making no one any safer. I think 1639 is accomplishing what it really set out to do (although they won’t admit it). Make law abiding gun owners to not want to, or stop buying semi auto “assault” rifles, or comply with something that makes it easier to identify who to disarm later, and fork over money in the meantime. It’s not saving anyone’s children. Most of the people I know aren’t buying any complete semi auto rifles after the end of June. I’m one of them.

Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I plan on trying to buy another semi-auto. Really just to contribute to the logjam since, as much as I can, I like to put my own long guns together. I'll see if my LGS is game, but I, too, would like to check "no" on the HIPPA violation checkbox and see what happens. No response after 10 days and my guy will let me have my gun. That is, of course, unless FFL's have instructions to not release a firearm to anybody that refuses. Any other FFL's have any comment on that last part?

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pvanderzee wrote:
I plan on trying to buy another semi-auto. Really just to contribute to the logjam since, as much as I can, I like to put my own long guns together. I'll see if my LGS is game, but I, too, would like to check "no" on the HIPPA violation checkbox and see what happens. No response after 10 days and my guy will let me have my gun. That is, of course, unless FFL's have instructions to not release a firearm to anybody that refuses. Any other FFL's have any comment on that last part?

I've been wondering about that, too. FFLs should allow transferees to check "No" on the HIPAA question and then allow the transfers to proceed after 10 days if no word from LEA. Let the .gov deal with it; don't do their dirty work of enforcing an illegal law for them.

Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you have a concealed carry permit, you already waved your HIPAA rights.

Right above the signature at the bottom...

"Signing this application authorizes the Department of Social and Health Services, as well as mental-health institutions and
other health-care facilities, to release information relevant to your eligibility for a concealed pistol license to an inquiring court or
law-enforcement agency."

Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mmalleck wrote:
If you have a concealed carry permit, you already waved your HIPAA rights.

Right above the signature at the bottom...

"Signing this application authorizes the Department of Social and Health Services, as well as mental-health institutions and
other health-care facilities, to release information relevant to your eligibility for a concealed pistol license to an inquiring court or
law-enforcement agency."

I'm aware. I've got a few credentials that require some release of health information (what little information there is...haven't seen a doctor in years), a CPL is one of them. I'm just trying to see how much I can help stoke the fire, even if it means all you're doing is confusing some LEA clerk that doesn't know how to proceed with an "incorrectly" filled out form.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:56 pm

Regarding the HIPAA waiver... my understanding is that even transferees prior to 7/1 are subject to the “annual or more frequent” checks because the language says “pursuant to this chapter”, meaning RCV 9.41, which is the law we’ve been subject to for a while now. Can anyone shed light on this? Doesn’t anyone even know for sure? If this the case, it doesn’t really matter if you decide not to purchase after 7/1 for this purpose. As for me, I’m hoping to do my part to keep FFLs in business!

Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4