Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Colt Halts Production of Long Guns for the Retail Market 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/colt- ... li=BBnb7Kz

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, I'm not sure I buy this "market saturation" angle.

I see it maybe as a way to skirt taking a political side on the argument surrounding a possible ban.

"Hey, we don't sell those to civilians so we don't have to spend any political capital to defend or criticize a ban"

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:10 pm

Colt was the first to sell out before the 1994 assault weapon ban. They stopped machining out the whole trigger area in the lower and/or put in a block so a full auto sear trip could not be inserted. This was before the ban. H&K might think you suck and hates you, but Colt takes you for a fool. They do not respect you any more then H&K. Both want Government contracts over you.

On the other side. The Colt Armorer training is awesome. It was three days of "Take rifle apart." "Put rifle back together." There was history and specs of course.

It was however, just a pitch to sell rifles. Most LEOs use ARs, the goal is to sell Colt superiority to the firearm cadre of a department to influence future sales if you aren't part of the Colt cult yet.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bruce556 wrote:
Colt was the first to sell out before the 1994 assault weapon ban. They stopped machining out the whole trigger area in the lower and/or put in a block so a full auto sear trip could not be inserted. This was before the ban. H&K might think you suck and hates you, but Colt takes you for a fool. They do not respect you any more then H&K. Both want Government contracts over you.

On the other side. The Colt Armorer training is awesome. It was three days of "Take rifle apart." "Put rifle back together." There was history and specs of course.

It was however, just a pitch to sell rifles. Most LEOs use ARs, the goal is to sell Colt superiority to the firearm cadre of a department to influence future sales if you aren't part of the Colt cult yet.

Did you take the course from the guy who runs Specialized Armament? (do armorers get better pricing from him? That shit's expensive.)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:20 pm

jukk0u wrote:
Bruce556 wrote:

Did you take the course from the guy who runs Specialized Armament? (do armorers get better pricing from him? That shit's expensive.)

No, it was a guy from Colt, retired LEO from Texas. He was real cool and sifted through the BS. I enjoyed his instruction and his method of training. I learned more than I thought I would.

Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Honestly? With Colts past positions on AR's, (Remember small pin AR's) I give no Fuck's they bailed. You are paying for the Rampant Colt, not a superior AR. There are better options out there for less Money.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:28 am

usrifle wrote:
Honestly? With Colts past positions on AR's, (Remember small pin AR's) I give no Fuck's they bailed. You are paying for the Rampant Colt, not a superior AR. There are better options out there for less Money.

I agree with not paying for a name. Spend money on the bolt group and barrel. Unless its complete crap, all else is trivial. A lot of companies do not make all their parts and contract them out. Does Colt make a good product? Hell yes they do. I carried their rifles in the military and had no complaints. Are they the only game in town? No.

Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

here's an interview with a COLT VP where he talks about the interruption of production for the civilian market. Says it's just temporary...

FJB

Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:02 am

I do want a new Colt 1911 70 series. They look incredible.

Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Colt is sold to CZ.
https://justthenews.com/nation/longtime ... ms-company

Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2