Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:12 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Beretta 92X Performance 9mm J92XR21 

What are your thoughts on the "Performance" of it. I see the safety placement is better, other pluses over the M9A3? Factory threaded barrel option? Thanks.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:45 am

I think the general consensus is that this model is to compete with the CZ Shadow 2 or other similar pistols for games. It has a steel frame for more weight and has eliminated the decocker. Since the safety lever does not function as a decocker as well, the placement on the frame seems fine and can be ridden easily in the off position with the thumb.

Most people who choose to carry a Beretta 92 series pistol would prefer to have a decocker. Also, they probably prefer the slide mounted position of the decocker/safety. It's hard to definitively say which position is actually better. I prefer slide mounted because the decocker is not in the way of my grip and cannot be confused with the slide release. That said, almost all of my Berettas are G configuration.

Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:47 pm

I carried the M9/Beretta 92 in the Marines for two years, and another eight years working contract security. Slide lock/release lever works just fine for reloading from slide lock. Later in life... Using support hand to pull back and "sling shot" the slide on Glocks and 1911s to return to battery is the trend. A concern of mine is during a stress reload (slide locked back), after the empty mag is ejected and a fresh magazine is loaded, the slide mounted safety could be inadvertently swept down ( safety on) rendering the pistol out of action when you need it most. I like all three guns but feel more training is needed with the 92 safety on the slide and the first shot being double action.

Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:26 pm

Thanks

Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]