Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Springfield Amory new gun hype. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

joao01 wrote:
surevaliance wrote:
PinSniper wrote:
My fantasy Springfield gun would be one that was so expensive to produce, and only cost me $1 to buy and hence put them out of business! The idea brings me a lot of pleasure.

I have heard that Springfield has changed their attitude for better lately.

I have got their SAINT Edge 10.3" recently - decent gun, IMHO. Too bad, the bore is not chrome-lined. Oh, well...
Legal to carry loaded in the vehicle, though.

Founder died in the summer.

Unfortunately, I have learned about Springfield betrayal crap only after I bought their Edge.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

integrally suppressed M1A would be nice

Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:05 pm

leadcounsel wrote:
Bruce556 wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
Bruce556 wrote:
Sir, you are ruining he "fantasy" aspect of this. Would a BAR in .308 using FAL mags tempt you?

Not with the likely accompanying $3000 price tag it would probably have. Let's not forget it was a 20-25 pound rifle...

Why not just get an FAL, M1A, PTR91, or any number of offerings available? One of these well equipped is still 1/2 the weight of a BAR.

My main reason for wanting something like a Garand or BAR is almost entirely for the historical connection. Having a modern one in a different caliber doesn't do much for me, and especially not at the prices a new one manufactured today would cost. They aren't particularly relevant or useful in a modern firearms sense compared to the offerings at significantly less cost/weight/ergos/features for today.

Leadcounsel you are missing the whole point of the OP. Fantasy gun. I told you what I wanted was silly as it was 5.56 Garand. Totally ridiculous. Money is no matter, let your desire run free!

Well if it's "fantasy" I can dream bigger than a 5.56 Garand.

Make mine a Phased plasma rifle in 40 watt range. :thumbsup2:

LOL! I swear Leadcounsel, I have had this in the back of my mind all week. My next gun was going to be a Phased plasma rifle in 40 watt range! I hope Springfield Armory takes notice! :bigsmile:

Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

surevaliance wrote:
I have got their SAINT Edge 10.3" recently - decent gun, IMHO. Too bad, the bore is not chrome-lined.

There is no benefit to chrome-line a barrel that's been through ferritic nitrocarburizing processing. In fact it will make your accuracy worse and longevity poorer.

Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:18 pm

Duke EB wrote:
integrally suppressed M1A would be nice

The M1A has a long barrel. If you started just forward of the piston, that could be 12 to 24 inches of suppressor.

Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:06 am

I carried an M60-E3 in the Marines and would like to have one. I will never forget that sound and feel.

Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:53 pm

Bruce556 wrote:
Springfield Armory just put out a compact handgun after much hype on their website, to include a count down timer. I was underwhelmed by yet another small pistol for the conceal carry market.

If Springfield Armory was to make your "fantasy gun", what would it be?

Mine? An M1 Garand in 5.56. I know, blasphemy for many people. Others would say it is too heavy for 5.56 rifle. I would still want it full size, although a scaled down version would be cool. It could probably hold 14 to 16 rounds in the clip.

I'd take a product improved M1A. Basically I'd like to see them adopt a AR15 style magazine release, LOP adjustment sections for the stock, and a polymer stock with a push button adustable cheek riser that doesn't look like an after thought.

Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:57 pm

Schoolboy wrote:
Bruce556 wrote:
Springfield Armory just put out a compact handgun after much hype on their website, to include a count down timer. I was underwhelmed by yet another small pistol for the conceal carry market.

If Springfield Armory was to make your "fantasy gun", what would it be?

Mine? An M1 Garand in 5.56. I know, blasphemy for many people. Others would say it is too heavy for 5.56 rifle. I would still want it full size, although a scaled down version would be cool. It could probably hold 14 to 16 rounds in the clip.

I'd take a product improved M1A. Basically I'd like to see them adopt a AR15 style magazine release, LOP adjustment sections for the stock, and a polymer stock with a push button adustable cheek riser that doesn't look like an after thought.

That could be done with an M1 carbine type lower mag well.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2