Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:45 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Compact weapon light 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

jukk0u wrote:
They have two sizes of those Inforce lights.

Even the "compact" one is a little large. Not bad, but larger than I expected

Interesting. That’s definitely larger than I’d pictured. How’s function?

Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:13 pm

jukk0u wrote:
They have two sizes of those Inforce lights.

Even the "compact" one is a little large. Not bad, but larger than I expected

I have been tempted to get one. How do they compare to Surefire and Stream light?

Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:21 pm

Tony617 wrote:
blksideevo wrote:
Short guns I run X300UA 600 or 1000 lumen at the 12 o’clock position (light doesn’t get in the way) and the butted up against it, Magpul pros. Fits right in the space of the battery panel so it’s tight and clean.

Do you use a tape switch to activate your light? I cannot see that in your picture. Nice setup.

No tape switch required. X300UA/B doesn’t need it. Besides the throw switch, you can simply apply forward pressure which is what I do to activate the light. I only use tape switches on long guns....

Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Inforce function is fine. I like the way you can't really get your fingers under it in a pinch zone, like the Surefire scouts, but I wish the foot print was a little narrower and on a scale with the narrower/slimmer rails common these days.

The SF scout you have to push forward. With the Inforce you almost push sideways, which is a little more natural since it's like tightening your grip a bit.

SF works well with a VG since thumb orientation is right for pushing a tail piece button. Inforce works well if you are holding the rail/handguard.

Inforce light seems whiter to me than the scout and definitely is a wider flood.

Having no wish to look into one, I cannot say if one is better than the other in stunning an opponent or ruining their vision.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:23 pm

jukk0u wrote:
Inforce function is fine. I like the way you can't really get your fingers under it in a pinch zone, like the Surefire scouts, but I wish the foot print was a little narrower and on a scale with the narrower/slimmer rails common these days.

The SF scout you have to push forward. With the Inforce you almost push sideways, which is a little more natural since it's like tightening your grip a bit.

SF works well with a VG since thumb orientation is right for pushing a tail piece button. Inforce works well if you are holding the rail/handguard.

Inforce light seems whiter to me than the scout and definitely is a wider flood.

Having no wish to look into one, I cannot say if one is better than the other in stunning an opponent or ruining their vision.

Thanks jukk0u!

Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the discussion. Any thoughts on the Olight PL-Pro?

OLIGHT PL-PRO Valkyrie 1500 Lumens Cree XHP 35 HI NW LED Magnetic Rechargeable Weaponlight with Glock and 1913 Rail Adapter, Built-in Battery and SKYBEN Battery Case (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RR7BX4S/re ... IEbYHG9VG6

I’m leaning toward this one because I think I’d like the paddle switch more than the toggle. I also like the button on the Inforce, but the reliability concerns me a little bit.

I don’t think I’ll need a tape switch given the tiny handguard on my Banshee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Olight looks like a Surefire X300 Knockoff

Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ok so I was able to link up and grab my MCK Chassis today and was playing woth some WMLs I currently own and here is what I came up with.

The Streamlight TLR-1HL was the first one I mounted and it seemed a little bulky to me and the paddles were hard to activate.

Next up I tried the Surefire X300UA I have as well as switched sides on MCK and it is still a little bulky but the paddles were easier to manipulate

Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:46 pm

I like the Surefire. I have had several switches on the stream light fail.

Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:54 pm

Have any of you tried red or green lights? I went with inexpensive from Amazon Pinty for a laser and with the red beam flashlight. A red flashlight really makes eyes glow and you still have your night vision plus it is more stealthy then blasting everything with white light. I have had an Aimpoint laser for close to 30 years and I liked it but this blasted Pinty green is much brighter in the daylight and since my flash light is red I can easily see the dot at night too. You can see in the photo that I use cam loc risers so I can easily take the flash light off and use it in my hand or even mount it under the grip on one of my revolvers. When I put my ar in my over the shoulder soft case I just flip the cam and remove the red flash light.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:22 am

I just use a TLR-1HL with a red lens cap.

Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just found a killer deal on Surefire. Use the code DSS1916A for 40% off at https://www.surefire.com

I ordered the X30 after watching a video comparison between the X30, X35, and X300.

Without this deal, I couldn’t really justify the Surefire price for my needs. So I had already ordered an Olight Baldr, which is like the Valkyrie and adds a green laser. It hasn’t arrived yet but I’ll probably return it or find something else to stick it on.

Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:13 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

zombie66 wrote:

The Streamlight TLR-1HL was the first one I mounted and it seemed a little bulky to me and the paddles were hard to activate.

Huh
Never had a problem with those.
Didn't think they were bulky and never had a problem with the switch.
Easy to double tap the strobe.
Have a few.
Carry one in my jacket pocket as a flashlight, can snap it on my S&W M&P 45C in a couple seconds if the need should arise.

Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:20 pm

A weapon light is arguably the 2nd most important thing on a HD gun.

I've got over a dozen INFORCE lights. I cannot recommend them. They either fail, flicker, or like the Gen 1's have a battery draw issue. Hopefully their new line fixes all the short comings.

If you can swing it, I'd go Surefire, or Modlite... (IMHO the best lights on the market)

Streamlight is a great value choice.

Remember to change your batteries.

Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:08 pm

edogg wrote:
Just found a killer deal on Surefire. Use the code DSS1916A for 40% off at https://www.surefire.com

I ordered the X30 after watching a video comparison between the X30, X35, and X300.

Without this deal, I couldn’t really justify the Surefire price for my needs. So I had already ordered an Olight Baldr, which is like the Valkyrie and adds a green laser. It hasn’t arrived yet but I’ll probably return it or find something else to stick it on.

That was an industry code that was used for years, until it leaked out to the general public this past week. There's been a bunch of drama over this in the industry forums and elsewhere where it was originally shared. Surefire has shut down that code and from what I hear cancelled a ton of orders from people who have used the code this past weekend.

Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next