Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:00 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Anyone seen a Glock do this?  

The issue is I have a G20 I took down to clean a while back and noticed the trigger felt strangely stiff and stacked a lot. With the slide removed I immediately noticed what’s circled in the picture below. The portion of the trigger bar that interacts with the connector is coming out from under it. I did some internet searching and many seemed to suggest it was a connector with an incorrect angle. I had 4 other stock connectors loose in my tool box. All identical and all result in the same situation. 2 aftermarket connectors result in the same. They all match connectors pulled out of other Glocks I have on hand. I pulled parts out of my G40 (same frame) and replaced each individually with the same result. I finally transplanted the entire trigger assembly from the G40 into the G20 frame, you guessed it. Same. But the G20 FCG assembly in my G40 frame works just fine. It occurred to me maybe the slide was the issue, but the results were the same when the slides were swapped. Only time there is an issue is when the G20 frame is used. I test fired the pistol and it functioned fine, trigger pull aside. I paid $93 to ship back to Glock and glossing over the shipping issues, I get it back and when I remove it from the box, the trigger is still stiff, but not like it was and the exact same thing is happening. I sent a detailed description and pictures back with the pistol. The paper it came back with makes even less sense as it notes a quantity of 1 each the pistol, G20/21 slide stop lever, and G29/30 trigger bar with trigger. I don’t know if that is supposed to be what they replaced or what. Obviously this warrants another call to Glock, but I can’t imagine it being any different than my last one telling me to just mail it back. Anyone ever come across an issue like this? It is an earlier 4th gen. I have two of the same pistol, the other over 20k rounds, this one less than 1k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:29 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm not sure if this will help or not....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_CkIHol9So

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Matthew86 wrote:
With the slide removed I immediately noticed what’s circled in the picture below. The portion of the trigger bar that interacts with the connector is coming out from under it.

Of course, all Glocks do this, it's how the disconnector works. Otherwise the cruciform wouldn't pick up the striker when the slide returns home.

In most cases you won't see the connector in that position with the slide off, but you can duplicate it by hand in any Glock.

Look elsewhere for your trigger problems.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:

I didn’t know you have a YouTube channel. I’d subscribe but you’re at 69 subscribers and I don’t want to be the guy who messes that up.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:59 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

LMAO edogg....

It’s not much of a YouTube channel!

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yondering wrote:

Sorry, but in today’s political climate, that struck me as hilariously funny :cheers2:

Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:36 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Did you reassemble it correctly?

BLACK HAMMER ARMS
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:48 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Yondering wrote:

Sorry, but in today’s political climate, that struck me as hilariously funny :cheers2:

OK fair enough, I didn't think of it that way. Good catch! LOL

Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:01 pm

MadPick wrote:

I appreciate your video to explain this to me. I understand there is a portion of the slide that interacts with these components as well. I have the armorer replacement striker retainer panel and this is the only Glock I own of several where this happnes. Even while viewing the function while cycling. That is why I am skeptical of this particular one because it is differerent. After a detail strip, it is clear that glock did replace the trigger bar with trigger and also the slide stop. Before I sent it back the trigger was stacking badly and was breaking at about 8 lbs on average with stock components. When I first purchased this pistol I was breaking 5.5-6lb range with stock compoments. I am pretty hung up on this seperation of components as none of my other glocks do this including my G21 over 70k rounds and G17 over 50k. This is a primary carry pistol and I find it difficult to belive there is not something wrong with it after examinig with the armorer srtiker retainer. Am I just over thinking something here?

Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:14 pm

Absolutely. The last time I detail stripped it was before a range session and it performed flawlessly. This was intended to be a field strip cleaning. I certainly can make mistakes, but I am very familiar with detail stripping glocks. during my part swapping/testing before sending it in to Glock, I probably detail stripped it 25 times trying different parts and frame configurations. Through it all, the G40 I swapped the majority of parts with works normally.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:19 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Matthew, I’m not sure I’m clear on what the issue is.

When you remove the slide, does the frame immediately look like the pic you posted, with the connector pulled inward like I did in my video?

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:19 am

Are you using the factory weight trigger return spring? And a factory weight firing pin plunger spring? Are there any burrs or rough spots on the safety plunger, is the channel for that plunger clean and free of obstructions?

Take a look at the area of the trigger bar that rides underneath that small lip on the connector, if it is rough or has slight ridges it can cause some resistance issues. Also check the trigger bar edge that rides on the safety plunger, same situation applies to the aforementioned problem.

Try polishing with some sort of polishing compound. I would not recommend a stone (unless you have a ton of experience tuning striker-fired pistol triggers) as too much material removal on the area of the trigger bar edge where it meets the connector lip will cause an unsafe pistol.

Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:07 am

Again, I greatly appreciate the replies, time, and especially the video trying to help me out. I hope my concern doesn't come across as me discounting anyone's knowledge and experience who took the time to enlighten me. After more research and contact with Glock and an armorer buddy, I'm still not convinced I am just overthinking this. I have never experienced a Glock demonstrating this anomaly. Furthering my concern, it occurred suddenly. I have a low round count through this pistol, but it never felt like this before and the components were not interacting like this before. I haven't done anything to it since the last time I shot it besides carry and clean it, so I can't blame it on recent work to it or anything. The trigger is breaking at 5.5-6lbs now and no longer feels different than a normal Glock trigger since I received it back from Georgia. I'm still curious as to why they felt it necessary to replace the slide stop. Trigger bar, sure. But the slide stop makes me wonder a bit. I didn't have much luck finding information of similar occurrences. Most of the similar things I found were third gen pistols and popped up after someone monkeyed with it.

On a side note, anyone have a preference or recommendation for a replacement trigger? I have only replaced connectors and polished up my Glock triggers. (I had not polished this one, in case anyone is wondering) I have installed aftermarket units for other people, but not on any of mine. Not looking for a competition or race pistol setup. Just something a little better. There are a ton out there and I haven't been shooting much the last couple years and am pretty out of touch with whats good and whats not. And don't worry, I understand the limitations on striker pistol triggers so I'm realistic about how much better an aftermarket trigger would be.

Last edited by Matthew86 on Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:34 am

MadPick wrote:
Matthew, I’m not sure I’m clear on what the issue is.

When you remove the slide, does the frame immediately look like the pic you posted, with the connector pulled inward like I did in my video?

Yessir. Each time I remove the slide, the relationship between the trigger bar and connector are just like the picture I posted. All the components I put into that particular G20 frame results in the same issue from working pistols and from my stash of extra parts. But all the components interact correctly when installed in my other G20 or G40 frame. My other Glocks look and function just as you demonstrated in your video, except the G20. The problem pistol functions the same as your video once I reset the trigger bar manually and interact just fine without the slide installed. It occurs when I dry fire and disassemble the pistol.

Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:45 am

waglocker wrote:
Are you using the factory weight trigger return spring? And a factory weight firing pin plunger spring? Are there any burrs or rough spots on the safety plunger, is the channel for that plunger clean and free of obstructions?

Take a look at the area of the trigger bar that rides underneath that small lip on the connector, if it is rough or has slight ridges it can cause some resistance issues. Also check the trigger bar edge that rides on the safety plunger, same situation applies to the aforementioned problem.

Try polishing with some sort of polishing compound. I would not recommend a stone (unless you have a ton of experience tuning striker-fired pistol triggers) as too much material removal on the area of the trigger bar edge where it meets the connector lip will cause an unsafe pistol.

Yessir. All factory springs and FCG components. It is literally the most stock Glock I own. Only replaced the sights and slide stop. (tried stock ones before I mailed it in as well) Never polished the trigger components, replaced the connector with an aftermarket, nor springs on this one. I just detail stripped the pistol again to check your recommendations and the safety plunger doesn't feel rough or anything and the bore it rides in appears normal. Same for that area of the trigger bar. Glock replaced the trigger bar with trigger assembly with a new one while they had it as well as the slide stop for some reason. Not sure if that had something to do with the sudden heavier/stacking trigger feel or not, but the trigger feels like a normal stock Glock unit now. The trigger bar was one of the things I swapped out with my G40 parts in testing with no effect. Now it is just the issue my picture depicts that is concerning me. I will give the $0.25 Glock trigger job to it and polish the contact surfaces good. I'm definitely no gunsmith and do not have a lot of experience stoning triggers in general. Only thing I have stoned is my AR FCG stuff and I have a borderline idiot proof jig set up for just that. I have never attempted any serious striker pistol trigger work.

Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next